USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract
SI is implementing the new USAID/Vietnam Learns Contract. The scope of the five-year project is to support USAID/Vietnam staff and partners to implement more efficient, effective, and transparent programs by improving: (1) USAID and IP’s capacity to achieve expected results; (2) USAID’s understanding and tracking of project performance; and (3) collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA).
SI is seeking a full-time Accountant to support the Vietnam Learns project’s finance and administration activities. The accountant will work in close collaboration with the Director of Finance & Administration and will be responsible for day to day office expenses. The Accountant position will be full-time, based in Hanoi, for the duration of the project.
**Please Note: This is a local position. Only Vietnamese citizens will be eligible to apply.**
- Manage cash flow, including funds transfers from SI-HQ, local currency exchange, and petty cash.
- Reconcile bank accounts in collaboration with HQ Accounting as part of a month-end close process.
- Record financial transactions into the accounting system, submit each month’s expenses in a timely manner, and upload the expenses into SI’s internal website, SharePoint.
- Ensure on-time, accurate data entry, completing journal entries for non-routine expenses as necessary.
- Liaise with Director of Finance & Administration and the HQ Finance Manager to conduct a final review of vouchers and vendor invoices to ensure the maintenance of thorough financial documentation on all field transactions.
- Ensure open and competitive bidding processes on procurements, in accordance with USG policy.
- Ensure that all paid invoices agree with supporting documentation, including price quotes, purchase requests, and purchase orders, per SI’s Procurement Policy.
- Record all approved payments for local vendors, contractors, and consultants for goods and services received.
- Liaise with vendors regularly to collect invoices and administrative forms.
- Provide cashier functions and maintain office inventory as follows: intake petty cash funds; count out petty cash to local staff based on receipts authorized in accordance with policies and procedures; record the amount counted out; and perform cash reconciliations.
- Maintain inventories and controls over project office fixed assets, such as furniture and computer equipment.
- Liaise with an accounting services provider for payroll processing and audit coordination purposes.
- Prepare monthly employee salary calculations based on Vietnamese labor law and make the necessary employers and employees’ income tax and social security contribution payments to local authorities in a timely manner.
- BS/BA in Accounting, and/or equivalent work experience; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Five years of experience with auditing, invoicing, and payroll.
- Demonstrated experience with USAID accounting procedures and regulations.
- Knowledge of electronic accounting systems, such as QuickBooks.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Proven ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with staff members, visitors, and the general public.
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
- Strong facilitation, networking, and team management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Expertise in organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience working with USAID-funded projects is strongly desired.
- Written and oral fluency in English.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.
About the Organization
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.