Accountant, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position.**
The Accountant will be responsible for executing the expenses per appropriate accounting standards and procedures set by MSI, USAID, and ensures compliance with Zambian laws. S/he will help monitor, analyze and operationalize the financial transactions through automated financial local and home office systems, assist in monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, and help maintain all petty cash transactions and advances, including preparation of primary documentation (disbursement and receipt slips, vouchers). S/he will report to the HR and Finance Manager.
- Responsible for the input of all accounting data, ensuring compliance with project expenditures.
- Design and apply internal control mechanisms, including periodic accounting audits.
- Support preparations of monthly financial reports for MSI Headquarters, in addition to any other financial reports that may be required.
- Review account balances and monthly financial reports.
- Provide support on wire transfer request preparations with MSI Headquarters.
- Ensure the payment of goods and services under contract for the program.
- Prepare appropriate tax returns and any other information.
- Review and verify invoices for the purchase of goods and services for the program.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are up to date in the accounting system.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of bank settlements.
- Ensure that scanned financial files are uploaded and updated on Egnyte.
- Prepare and maintain updated information for audits.
- Propose improvements in the accounting process and procedures for recording transactions per necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other related discipline.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in accounting or related field on USAID-funded projects.
- Experience with QuickBooks required.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- Attention to details and the capabilities to work well individually and within a team.
- Flexibility and high capacity to adapt to change.
- Experience working with USAID programs is highly desirable.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.