This assignment is aligned with the Government of Australia’s partnership agreement with the Government of Nauru (GoN). As technical assistance assignment this role is expected to undertake the reconciliation update, documentation and training as a defined project. The consultant will report to the Deputy Secretary for Treasury with close liaison to the Chief Accountant and Manager of Corporate Services.
You will be accountable to, and managed by Deputy Secretary for Treasury, Ministry of Finance, Government of Nauru.
This role is expected to commence in June 2021 for a period of 12 months.
Please note there are special COVID-19 provisions with this position, please read the Information for Applicants – available on https://www.pactam2.com/ carefully to understand those conditions.
· Bank Reconciliation and Audit
· Capacity Development
· Financial Management information system
· Bachelor level degree or post-graduate tertiary qualifications in accounting, finance or related discipline.
Skills, experience, knowledge
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in public finance accounting utilising Financial Management Information Systems.
· Experience in a developing country Government Treasury or Finance department; relevant work experience in a Pacific Island country will be an advantage.
· Well developed, organisational and coordination skills and ability to work independently with little supervision.
· A proven track record in, and a commitment to, mentoring and transferring knowledge and skills – particularly in a development context.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate to a diverse range of people and a good understanding of cultural sensitivities.
· Patience and flexibility.
· Ability to live and work in a new cultural setting.
- A preparedness to work with limited resources within a challenging environment
- Remuneration in line with the ARF – D2
- Mobility and special location allowances
- Flights, medicals, and insurance
- Pre-departure briefing and in-country orientation
· Ongoing assignment monitoring and support
· Please note that accommodation in Nauru is shared housing in 2 bedroom fully serviced houses, shared kitchen and lounge space, separate bedroom and on suite.
Scope Global – Engaged in the present to develop the future
Scope Global is a specialist project management company with people as the focus of its program delivery. We have a history of successfully managing projects in the international development and international education sectors.
The Pacific Technical Assistance Mechanism Phase 2 (PACTAM2) is an Australian Government initiative, funded through the Australian aid program and managed by Scope Global. It places highly skilled Advisers with Partner Governments in participating Pacific Island countries to build capacity and to meet identified human resource needs. If you are interested in other PACTAM2 opportunities and would like to receive updates, please register your interest.
Scope Global recruitment operates under equal employment opportunity principles and laws. We encourage appropriately qualified and experienced people to apply regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, physical ability or beliefs.
Applications will only be accepted via our online application system. For more detailed information on the position and to apply online, please visit https://www.pactam2.com/
Applications close midnight ACST 29th April 2021. No late applications will be accepted.
For more information contact a member of our team at recruitment.PACTAM2@scopeglobal.com
PACTAM2 love to hear from applicants across the region