Position: Accounting / Finance Manager
Position Type: Full-Time (based on contract award)
Work Location: Bangladesh
ME&A is recruiting an Accounting / Finance Manager for the USAID/Bangladesh Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (BMEL) contract. The purpose of BMEL will be to serve as a central platform for ensuring that development programs funded by USAID/Bangladesh achieve their intended results through strong performance management of services in an efficient and cost-effective manner, with a focus on monitoring technical services; evaluation of technical services; and learning and adaptive management services.
The Finance Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining the Bangladesh Activity’s financial integrity. The Financial Manager will manage and perform key tasks, with emphasis on optimal performances, timely action and proactive systems development for all accounting & financial matters. The manager will report directly to the project’s COP and will be expected to work closely with the home office.
- Responsible for all accounting & financial matters reporting directly to the project’s Chief of Party and ME&A Home Office representatives under USAID’s policy and procedures.
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting and financial functions, reviewing of financial documents for accuracy, maintaining records and preparing transfer requests, monitoring project expenses, and ensuring that financial and account functions of the office are carried out within the framework of ME&A and USAID policies and procedures.
- Establishing and maintaining the project’s financial integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- At least six (6) years of work experience as Accounting Manager, Accounting Supervisor or Finance Manager with USAID funded programs.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data.
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations of USAID.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to direct and supervise.
- Fluency in Bengali and English is required.
- Expertise in Bangladesh is highly desired.
- Resident or citizen of Bangladesh required.
All applications and CVs must be submitted in English.
ME&A, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. ME&A will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. For our EEO Policy Statement and a copy of our EEO Policy Statement and information on your EEO rights under the law, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
About the Organization
ME&A is a qualified small business, dedicated to providing creative solutions for economic development and social development throughout the world. Our Core Areas of Concentration include Monitoring & Evaluations, Economic and Community Development, Public Administration and Governance, and Business Development and Technology Transfer.
ME&A implements the five-year Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (M&E&L) initiative for the USAID Mission in El Salvador. ME&A's team provides USAID/El Salvador and potentially other missions in the region continued performance monitoring, verification, GIS services and evaluation support to measure program impact, results and achievements.