We are currently looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our team. The Accounting Assistant (AA) will work with a Senior Finance Officer and will be responsible for accounting data entry and verification, account reconciliations, and variance analysis. The AA will also engage with our overseas staff and provide our country offices with support and distance training when necessary. This is an exciting opportunity to grow in the international finance field.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Education and experience: Should have a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field, or 1-5 years related experience in bookkeeping, accounting, finance or related field
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook), including expertise in Excel as a financial management tool
- Detail-oriented with accurate data entry skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Knowledge of French, Portuguese or Spanish would be a plus, but not required.
This position offers a career path to growth and development within the organization. MCDI deeply values diversity, inclusiveness, empowerment and collaboration
Position: Entry level
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Projected start date: Immediately
NOTE: All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please submit the following:
Applications should be sent to email@example.com . Position open until filled.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About the Organization
The International Division of Medical Care Development, MCDI was founded in 1977 with the belief that MCD’s successful approach to health systems development in the rural United States could be adapted to meet the needs of developing nations. A global non-profit organization, MCDI uses practical, evidence-based and high-impact approaches to strengthen health systems in developing countries. For almost 40 years, MCDI has worked to improve the health of vulnerable populations overseas through integrated, sustainable and locally-driven interventions. MCDI has implemented public health programs in over 40 countries aimed at targeting the world’s most vulnerable populations. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: malaria control; maternal, neonatal and child health; water, sanitation and hygiene; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; and other communicable diseases.