Accounting Associate or Senior Analyst
Background: We are looking for an Accounting professional to join our Accounting Division. You will assist in the reconciliation process and preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for the IDB’s main funds and funds under administration related to Loans and Grants, ensuring the Bank’s compliance with standards established by authoritative accounting standards setters in the United States.
The team: The Accounting Division prepares all financial statements and reports for the Bank’s funds and other funds under its administration, establishing accounting policies and procedures, managing all accounting operations and monitoring and ensuring that the accounting and financial reporting is in compliance with US GAAP or other special basis of accounting.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial reporting for the Bank’s Loans and grants. Identify deviations from USGAAP and/or Bank policies and procedures and recommend corrective action.
- Assist in the preparation of draft Annual Financial Statements according to US GAAP.
- Assist in the preparation of reconciliations and analysis of account balances and transactions to ascertain the accuracy and integrity of transactions recorded in the Loan subsidiary systems (Loan Financial Management System - LFM).
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly monitoring and control procedures. Prepare adjusting entries in SAP and/or LFM to correct discrepancies in loans.
- Assist in the accounting, reporting and control services for loans and grants. Provide guidance to Country Offices and accounting personnel in other business units on compliance with appropriate accounting guidelines and procedures and US GAAP.
- Assist in answering questions and resolve accounting issues during the external audit process.
Skills you’ll need:
Education: Master’s Degree (or equivalent level of education) in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration. Certification to practice public accounting in a member country (CPA, Contador Publico) may be considered in lieu of a Master’s Degree, provided the candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting. Candidates that only hold a Bachelor’s degree in these fields will be considered for the lower functional grade under consideration.
Experience: At least two years (three (3) years preferred) of relevant professional experience in accounting/auditing acquired in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or multinational environment. Experience and knowledge of accounting and reporting under US GAAP for financial institutions operations, internal controls, accounting for multi-currency transactions, and dealing with internal and external auditors at a technical level.
Language: Proficiency in English and a second language of the Bank (Spanish, Portuguese, and/or French) is required.
Systems: Demonstrated experience working with SAP (Financial module) and the Microsoft Office suite is highly desirable.
Type of contract: fixed term
Length of contract: 3 years
Starting date: October 16th, 2018 (tentative)
Location: Washington D.C.
Requirements: Candidates must be citizens of one of the IDB’s 48 member countries and have no family members currently working at the bank group.
Our culture: Working with us you will be surrounded by a diverse group of people who have years of experience in all types of development fields, including transportation, health, gender and diversity, communications and much more.
About us: At the Inter-American Development Bank, we’re devoted to improving lives. Since 1959, we’ve been a leading source of long-term financing for economic, social, and institutional development in Latin America and the Caribbean. We do more than lending though. We partner with our 48 member countries to provide Latin America and the Caribbean with cutting-edge research about relevant development issues, policy advice to inform their decisions, and technical assistance to improve on the planning and execution of projects. For this, we need people who not only have the right skills, but also are passionate about improving lives.
The IDB offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package.
The IDB is committed to diversity and inclusion and to providing equal opportunities in employment. We embrace diversity based on gender, age, education, national origin, ethnic origin, race, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We encourage women, Afro-descendants and persons of indigenous origins to apply.