Every employee of IRI is responsible for carrying out the Mission of IRI and demonstrating the Core Values in their day to day operations. The Core Values, which are IRI’s foundational building blocks include:
Excellence- We believe in quality results delivered by investing in people. Freedom- We believe in exploration and experimentation to be agile and responsive. Respect- We believe in trust, empathy, and empowering people. Teamwork- We believe in diversity, inclusion, and the power of global collaboration. Transparency- We believe in open communication and clear decision-making. Accountability- We believe in personal responsibility as the foundation of success.
The Accounting Manager will work with all members of the finance team to ensure transactions are recorded appropriately and reconciliations are timely.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
· Reviews internal controls and creates guidelines for accounting transactions, presents recommendations for improvements.
· Works with the senior grants accountant to manage the period-end close reconciliations.
· Manages IRI’s corporate credit card program.
· Reviews travel agency transactions and reconciliations.
· Oversees reconciliation of prepaid expenses and advances (including licenses, software, rent, etc.)
· Reviews annual accrual entries.
· Assists with regulatory reporting as applicable.
· Coordinates training for new finance staff and identifies training needs for current finance staff.
· Works with payroll manager and benefits administrator to ensure payroll and benefits are entered correctly in the accounting system and reconciled to the vendors (UltiPro, Pension Works, Care First, Aspire, and the others).
· Reviews GL accounts to ensure compliance with GAAP and funder regulations and instructs on necessary adjustments.
· Assists in preparing schedules for audits.
· Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- 5-7 years of accounting-related experience required; some management experience preferred.
- Ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets using advanced excel skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior data management and data analysis skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Proficient in accounting software (JAMIS Prime, CostPoint or similar).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of GAAP and CFR.