The Accounting Officer will be responsible for assisting in the financial accounting and reporting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), particularly in the accounting treatment relating to the main financial products, preparation of financial data analysis and financial reports. The officer will be involved in various accounting and reconciliations functions.
- Perform daily accounting duties mainly relating to the treasury portfolio, maintain/review and complete the subledger operations, assist with journal entry preparation and period-end closing, reconcile subledger to the general ledger and complete cash reconciliations.
- Review and analyze data for financial products including deposits, money market instruments, investment securities, derivatives, borrowing/bond issuances, FX, local currency lending program etc., to ensure accuracy and compliance in accordance with IFRS.
- Assist in preparing periodic financial statements mainly for disclosure notes relating to financial products in the treasury portfolio.
- Assist in the new product review process including the accounting classification (including SPPI test), accounting treatment, system readiness, disclosure requirements and potential impacts on the financial position and performance of the treasury portfolio.
- Prepare financial analysis at the portfolio level, analyze the transactional movement and compare against historical performance for management purpose.
- Prepare subledger adjustments as at ad-hoc or period-end.
- Participate in IT system-related projects and process improvements.
- Perform review on valuations of the financial products.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant practical experience working in an international bank and/or large organization.
- Familiarity with accounting practices for main financial products, especially the adoption of IFRS9 for products of fixed-income securities, interest and currency derivatives and other common products in the financial market.
- Strategic problem solver with high sensitivity and sound knowledge of financial accounting and reporting.
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software and financial product systems.
- Strong organizational skills, capable of multitasking managing tight schedules.
- Team player who can communicate for results.
- Master’s degree or equivalent from reputable universities. A Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation from a reputable and internationally recognized institution.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the job title and grade level at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
About the Organization
We are the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), a multilateral development bank with a mission to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia. Headquartered in Beijing, we commenced operations in January 2016 and have now grown to 100 approved members worldwide. By investing in sustainable infrastructure and other productive sectors today, we will better connect people, services and markets that over time will impact the lives of billions and build a better future.