Banyan Global, an international development consulting firm based in Washington DC is seeking an Accounting & Payroll Specialist.
This full-time position based in our Washington, DC headquarters will provide accounting, payroll and administrative support to the Finance Department, supporting the firm’s accounts payable, accounts receivable, banking, and human resources functions, and overseeing various areas of office administration.
The Accounting & Payroll Specialist will exercise a high level of accountability and attention to detail and will demonstrate an ability to work both independently and within a team environment. The position reports to the Senior Manager, Corporate Financial Operations.
Principal duties and responsibilities include:
- Update and maintain general ledger transactions within QuickBooks, including detailed data entry to ensure clear documentation of all transactions
- Assist with preparation of client invoices, including compiling support documentation, liaising with clients on invoicing questions, and data entry of client invoices into QuickBooks
- Review Accounts Payable submissions for accuracy and proper adherence to policies and procedures and administer timely and accurate data entry into QuickBooks
- Monitor Accounts Receivable aging and document cash receipts
- Assist with check disbursements and wire/ACH payments
- Administer purchase orders and other requisition processes
- Support banking operations by reviewing daily account activity and accounting for all transactions, and conducting all bank account reconciliations
- Provide support for annual organizational audit as well as project audits as relevant
- Support other Finance Department functions, including posting of journal entries and generating financial reports for management review
- Other finance/accounting duties as required
Payroll and Human Resources Support
- Coordinate employee onboarding and offboarding procedures
- Assist with various human resources functions, including posting of timesheets and labor allocations, administration of the electronic timekeeping system, and preparation of payroll
- Liaise with HR firms for processing of payroll and coordinate benefits administration, compliance and reporting
- Facilitate office administration duties for the Washington, DC headquarters
- Maintain an up-to-date, organized filing and data storage system
- Oversee inventory and fixed asset management responsibilities
- Liaise with IT support firm to ensure ongoing maintenance of server, network, hardware and software
- Monitor and initiate procurement of office supplies and equipment
- Miscellaneous administrative duties to support the Banyan Global team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or comparable, with minimum 3 years related experience.
- Thorough knowledge of finance and accounting, including U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), understanding of the general ledger and the relationships between various general ledger accounts, and ability to identify and apply industry best practices to enhance organizational controls
- Experience with a U.S. government contractor and working knowledge of U.S. Government regulations, specifically Federal Acquisitions Regulations (FAR) and Indirect Rates (USAID experience preferred)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications, with minimum intermediate-level Excel skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and in conjunction with other team members to achieve common objectives
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a deadline-sensitive environment
- U.S. work authorization
Salary is commensurate with background and experience. Banyan Global is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply to the position through our website, and include a cover letter and résumé in your submission.
Only applications submitted through our website will be reviewed. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Banyan Global is an international development consulting firm with offices in Washington, DC and staff working in a number of developing countries. Banyan Global operates seamlessly within six practice areas: finance and investment, health, gender, youth, enterprise development, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).