Cardno is seeking an Accounts Payable Accountant to join our International Development group in Arlington, Virginia.
The AP Accountant will review and process Accounts Payable entries assuring that all expenses are supported with proper receipts and backup, are coded correctly, approved according to the appropriate Level of Authority, and are in compliance with policies and procedures. This position will work collaboratively with both project and home office staff and assist with monthly closing, year-end closing and audit preparation.
- Review and book the following Accounts Payable entries assuring that all expenses are supported with proper receipts and backup, are coded correctly, approved according to the appropriate Level of Authority, are in compliance with policies and procedures, and are accurate and correct: Subcontractor invoices, Consultant invoices, Vendor invoices, Travel Advances, Employee and Consultant Expense Reports, and Field Cash Advances.
- Screen all of the above vendors before payments through Livingston screening software.
- Reconcile all charges to the corporate credit cards to ensure receipts and backup support is obtained ensuring allowability and proper coding
- Book all automated debits to the corporate bank account for recurring monthly charges such as bank fees, TCN payroll, FSA etc.
- Work with project managers to identify and resolve any discrepancies relating to subcontractor cost and vendor invoices.
- Prepare and process accounts payable checks, wire transfers and automated clearing house payments weekly.
- Reconcile vendor statements as well as research and correct discrepancies.
- Perform month end accounting duties.
- Participate in pulling testing for audits including DCAA and Cardno’s internal and external annual audits to ensure clean and timely results.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior AP Accountant.
Required Minimum Education
- BA in Accounting or Finance.
Required Minimum Experience
- 0-2 years of accounting experience, preferably with a government contractor working with USAID.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Demonstrate good judgment and sound financial “common sense”.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to work independently, prioritize workloads, and complete multiple tasks under deadline pressure.
- Advanced computer proficiency, advance skills in Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) and QuickBooks preferred.
- Proficiency in the English language required.
- Interpersonal Savvy, Teamwork, Problem Solving, Communications, Process Management/Improvement, Risk Management, Drive for Results, Personal Learning, Functional/Technical Skills.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.