Global Communities is seeking an Accounts Payable and Payroll Officer to join the Finance team at the headquarters in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland.
1. Review invoices for completeness and accuracy against POs, requisitions, packing slips, and contractual agreements. Contact vendors as needed to clarify invoices and accounts.
2. Process voucher entries and maintain the list of vendors in Dynamics SL. Check against OFAC & EPLS list for new vendors. Run the check against the system on all vendors annually.
3. Print all checks and mail them out to vendors by the due dates.
4. Input all electronic payments (ACHs & Wires) to vendors, employees & field offices through established online banking system. Maintains current payment templates.
5. Process all automatically disbursed electronic funds by entering the voucher, applying the manual check and maintaining the files.
6. Maintain A/P system including travel advance reconciliation. Allocate Credit Card charges, postage, and copier usage to various cost centers.
7. Make bank deposits for already logged in checks & cash.
8. Adheres to A/P monthly closing procedures.
* Reconcile month end A/P subsidiary ledger to GL control account(s).
* Reconcile specific balance sheet accounts related to A/P including AP & Vendor aging reports.
* Maintain G/L journal entry files.
* Perform reclassification entries as needed.
* Print, review, and file month-end closing reports as required.
9. Supports all aspects of the global bi-weekly payroll process for 130+ employees, including auditing timecards for accuracy, timeliness, and compliance; and processing Personnel Action Forms (PAFs) to ensure the accurate input and management of all employee data for payroll transactions.
10. Prepares and reconciles journal entries for TCN payroll-related G/L accounts and other accounting items related to payroll.
11. Assists in reconciling Headquarters balance sheet accounts and preparing the required schedules.
12. Undertake all other duties and projects as may be assigned from time to time.
* Bachelor’s degree and 2 years relevant Accounting experience.
* Experience must include functioning in an Accounting role for a global workforce including Expatriates and Third Country Nationals.
* Experience with Dynamics.
* Experience using an automated payroll software.
* Experience working for an international development nonprofit NGO preferred.
* Must have U.S. work authorization.
Global Communities is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. EOE/AA - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individual with Disabilities.
About the Organization
Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.