The Activity and Implementation Officer oversees day to day compliance and operational management of each activity implemented inside eastern Syria from the Berlin office under the direction of the Deputy Team Lead . The Activity and Implementation Officer ensures that contractor operational policies and procedures are followed and implemented consistently across activities inside eastern Syria in strict compliance with USG rules and regulations.
Reporting Line and Responsibility
The Activity and Implementation Officer reports to the Deputy Team Lead and supervises no support staff.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Activity Field Program Implementation:
- Following receipt of guidance on structure and content needs from FURAT Field Officers and Program Team, adhere to procedures to ensure timely delivery of goods and services to beneficiary as well as quality of goods and services provided to beneficiary
- Provide guidance on project implementation—procurement, financial reporting, milestone or financial reporting—in accordance with USG rules and regulations
- Review all milestone deliverables to ensure completion and compliance with activity award requirements as assigned
- Review all financial reporting to ensure all costs are allocable, allowable, and reasonable and that supporting documentation is complete
- In collaboration with DTL and the Senior Field Operations Officer, oversee equipment delivery and distributions
- Conduct equipment inventories upon delivery or coordinate with Procurement team for exported equipment
- Document serial numbers, create equipment handover sheets, and ensure that recipients sign for each piece of equipment they receive.
- Following receipt of guidance on structure and content needs from FURAT Implementation Officer, design a system to track all activity budgets for beneficiaries. Required:
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experienced in project management with strong background in finance and USG rules and regulations
- 2 years+ experience implementing projects or programs under US Government rules and regulations
- Strong financial management skills and familiarity with Microsoft excel
- Experience with any/all of the following: procurement best practices and closeout of projects, programs, or grants
- Demonstrated ability to work in EnglishPreferred
- Certificate in PMP or other project management degree
- Arabic language skills
- Knowledge of US Government 2 CFR 200
- Experience working in Syria and/or the middle east
- Experience with project closeout
How to Apply:Please submit a CV of no more than 3 pages maximum to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the title of “Finance and Administrative Officer” in the subject; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted; any relocation and costs to Berlin for this position will be the responsibility of the selected candidate.
About the Organization
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.