The USAID- funded Leveraging Investments for Transformational Water and Sanitation Systems (LIFT) project in the Democratic Republic of Congo, implemented by Mercy Corps in coordination with Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for an Administration and Finance Manager. This position will be based in the Mercy Corps office in either Goma or Bukavu. This position is open to candidates interested in part-time or full-time work.
The Administration and Finance Manager will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project financial, administrative, compliance, and procurement support to Tetra Tech in the execution of the LIFT project.
* Administer and manage personnel according to the Personnel Policies and Procedures handbook and local labor law.
* Serve as Travel and Safety point of contact with the Home Office.
* Assist in local staff and consultant recruitment, hiring, and contracting.
* Manage project property in compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech Home Office guidelines and regulations, including submission of monthly and other periodic reports.
* Maintain regular contact with Tetra Tech Home Office support staff.
* Ensure compliance of project operations with USAID, Government of the Democratic Republic of Congo (GODRC), and Tetra Tech Home Office administrative policies and guidelines.
* Ensure full compliance in maintaining the legal status of registration in-country at all times during the life of the project.
* Ensure Tetra Tech Registration Certificate and Tax Identification Certificate is displayed in the office premises.
* Ensure all other tax reporting is completed as required by the project’s registration.
* Ensure social security contributions wherever applicable are periodically deducted and deposited on behalf of each full-time employee as necessary.
* Manage all aspects of the project financial accounting system, including performing sound accounting and financial control, managing cash flow, tracking expenditures relevant to operating budget, and preparing and reconciling monthly financial reports.
* Ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded in QuickBooks and ensure Tetra Tech accounting and procurement standards, procedures, and policies are followed and implemented in compliance with the Tetra Tech Project Accounting Handbook.
* Ensure that payroll withholding, local consultant invoice withholding, and any other tax withholding as required by GODRC law is properly followed and implemented, as well as timely remittance of withheld tax to appropriate government institutions.
* Ensure travel expense reports are properly completed and all outstanding travel advances are reconciled within prescribed deadlines.
* Reconcile and review all receivable and payable accounts on a quarterly basis (e.g. mobile money accounts, advances, and withholding accounts).
* Reconcile bank records and prepare monthly bank accounts reports.
* Manage the preparation and submission of the monthly expenditure reports, ensuing that they are accurate and complete and submitted to the Home Office as per the reporting calendar.
* Keep track of Value Added Tax paid to GODRC through local purchases and prepare required reports for USAID and their due dates.
* Prepare financial reports of local expenses by category (labor, transportation, equipment, supplies, etc.) as requested.
* Project, monitor, and assure replenishment of cash in bank accounts.
* Supervise the management of local and foreign currency accounts.
* Approve financial requests and/or sign liquidation reports.
* Perform other accounting, financial management and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position assigned from time to time by the Tetra Tech Home Office.
* Ensure compliance with USAID and Tetra Tech procurement regulations and processes, consulting with the Home Office to maintain compliance with Tetra Tech’s Procurement Handbook procedures.
* Prepare procedures for procuring goods and services consistent with all relevant USG and Tetra Tech policies and procedures.
* Draft purchase order and coordinate approvals with Tetra Tech Home Office.
* Draft request for request for quotation (RFQ) documents and publish RFQs.
* Finalize negotiations with vendors for cost and contract terms.
* Coordinate with USAID and the GODRC on the tax exemption and duty-free status for procured goods and services.
* Coordinate with the technical team in developing scopes of work and bid documents for procuring goods and services.
* Conduct preliminary evaluation of proposals to ensure compliance with RFQ terms and conditions.
* Facilitate all technical and financial proposal evaluation committees.
* Possess a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or other relevant field; Master’s degree, preferred.
* Must have at least 10 years of relevant professional experience and demonstrated experience working on USAID or donor-funded projects with increasing responsibility.
* Successful track record in a supervisory role and in providing feedback and guidance to finance and administration personnel.
* Experience with compliance and administration associated with USAID implementation, including oversight of subcontracts and grants.
* Advanced proficiency in accounting software such as QuickBooks.
* Must be computer literate (in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
* Fluency in written and spoken French and/or Swahili is required; proficiency in English is required.
* Experience working in Democratic Republic of Congo ideally.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.