- Based in Suva, Fiji – with possible travel to Divisional Offices, other areas of Fiji
- Full time, initial 12-month contract
The Australian Government has established the Fiji Program Support Facility (the Facility) to support and implement Australian Government assistance in sectors including education, health, CSO engagement, emergency preparedness and response and Australia Awards programs in Fiji. The Facility also supports the Australia Awards and education programs in Tuvalu.
The Administration Assistant / Officer reports during the initial period (to June 2019) to the Australia Awards Team Leader and is accountable to the Operations Manager.
The Administration Assistant / Officer supports a range of general office logistics and administration areas including travel bookings and coordination, logistics for training and workshops, procurement of day-to-day goods and services, preparation of materials and documents, records and filing, daily office operations including reception duties and other general logistics and administrative office duties to support effective Facility operations, programs and activities.
The position will focus during the period to 30 June 2019 to provide support to the Australia Awards program within the Facility (this focus may be extended). Key responsibilities include:
- General office logistics and administration duties, where during the initial period to 30 June 2019 the position will support Australia Awards activities and operations including: Preparing and organising the logistics for events, briefings, information sessions, workshops and other activities for the promotions cycle, including the procurement/purchasing of venues, materials, supplies, and catering; General administrative duties to support the implementation of activities including processing procurement financial approvals and payments with the Finance unit.
- Facilitate reimbursements, petty cash advances to applicants or awardees as needed.
- Driving duties including transporting personnel and delivery/collection of documents and program materials.
- Organising program travel for staff, and travel for applicants and awardees; Data entry for OASIS for awards.
- Other logistics and administrative duties as required to support a successful implementation of the Australia Awards promotions, applications, interview and mobilisation cycle to mid-2019 including reception duties when required.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a bachelor’s degree in relevant field – where study or training with a finance component is preferred. They will have demonstrated experience in a similar role providing logistical and administrative support in the government, private or development sector. Previous experience in organising / coordinating events, workshops and logistics (especially travel) is desired. A good level of oral and written English and the ability to successfully meet deadlines in addition to a current Fiji driving licence and a good driving record is required.
Fiji nationals only are asked to apply for this position.
How to Apply
For a detailed position description and to apply for this position please visit www.coffey.com/careers, click on ‘career opportunities’ and search for the job reference number 497604.
For further enquiries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 6.00pm (Fiji time) Friday 1 February 2019.This Facility is being administered by Coffey, a Tetra Tech company, on behalf of the Australian Government. Coffey is an equal opportunity employer of choice and is committed to child protection.
About the Organization
Coffey has a 40 year history in successfully delivering international development projects on behalf of donors right around the world, including Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, USAID and the UK's Department for International Development. Our people work side by side with local partners to support stability, economic growth and good governance, positively changing people's lives.