Administrative and Logistics Assistant
With more than 30 years of experience, CowaterSogema is Canadian global leader in management consulting services, specializing in international economic development. We have managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
CowaterSogema is excited to announce the opening of the position of Administrative and Logistics Assistant for a GAC-funded project that aims to enhance economic empowerment and increase prosperity for low-income women and youth in the West Bank.
Based in Ramallah and reporting directly to the Team Leader, the Administrative and Logistics Assistant will be engaged on the project as a full-time employee will be responsible for the effective delivery and coordination of operational support and project administration services and the implementation of CowaterSogema’ s security protocol.
- Minimum of five years’ work experience in logistics/operations management.
- Fluency in English and Excellent writing, communications and analytical skills; and
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
Logistics and Security Coordination:
- Finalize and administer CowaterSogema’ s Security Plan;
- Oversee the timely and secure coordination and scheduling of travel and training activities for the project;
- Monitor interrelated factors affecting project security and implement proactive risk mitigation measures based on sound analysis and interactions with the Client and other relevant stakeholders;
- Oversee the efficient organization of convoys and medical evacuations when required.
- Oversee the operation and maintenance of project IT and communications systems; and
- Oversee management of CowaterSogema’ s office security contract with local security provider.
- Oversee and ensure the timely preparation and delivery of core project plans and reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Ensure the effective use of project monitoring and reporting tools by all relevant team members;
- Supervise and support the Coordinator, Monitoring and Reporting; and
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Oversee project procurement/purchasing activities for goods and equipment in compliance with CowaterSogema’s Policy Manual, the prime contract and CowaterSogema’s expenses budget and in communication with CowaterSogema’s Finance team;
- Ensure the timely uploading of procurement documentation to CowaterSogema’s OneDrive account; and
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Support Team Leader with oversight, management and training of local personnel with respect to operations, security management and reporting in coordination with CowaterSogema HQ.
Candidates are encouraged to apply before May 4, 2018. Applications will be assessed as they are received. We thank all applicants, however only those making the shortlist will be contacted.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with CowaterSogema.
About the OrganizationCowaterSogema is a global leader in management consulting services, focusing on developing and emerging economies. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. As Canada’s largest international development consulting firm, CowaterSogema has developed a reputation of excellence for our strong ability to work with clients and stakeholders to provide leading-edge solutions and services tailored to the needs and challenges faced by developing and transitional countries. Our firm possesses internationally recognized and award-winning experience at the policy, program and project levels, developing and managing major projects as well as undertaking studies, sector reviews, evaluations, and training and communications activities.
CowaterSogema is a global company with its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, an office in Montreal, Canada, an office in Pretoria, South Africa (CowaterSogema South Africa) and operations in Paris, France (CowaterSogema Europe). Additionally, the company currently operates project offices worldwide including in Burkina Faso, Mali, Malawi, Cameroon, South Sudan, Mozambique, Zambia, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Indonesia, Jordan, Peru, Honduras, Barbados etc.