The purpose of USAID’s Obirodh: Road to Tolerance Program is to identify and implement small grant activities that understand and challenge the drivers of violent extremism (VE) in Bangladesh. The program is built upon an active learning model that applies research and pilot community programs to test the existing thinking on how to prevent and counter violent extremism (P/CVE) to determine which approaches are most suited for Bangladesh. Although there is a growing body of PVE and VE research and literature, there is limited knowledge and understanding about the specific emerging trends and drivers within Bangladesh. The research will contribute to the design of pilot activities that will remain fast, collaborative, and innovative in addressing VE in Bangladesh.
The program initiated in the fall of 2017 and scheduled to end by the end of 2020. During the final half of implementation, Obirodh intends to focus working closely with local civil society organizations and government counterparts to enhance local understanding of VE and improve their capacity to independently prevent the spread of VE in Bangladesh.
**Please note: Only Bangladeshi citizens are eligible for this opportunity.**
The full-time Administrative and Recruitment Assistant will support the Finance and Administrative Management team, maintain the office efficiently, assist with coordinating arrangements for on-site meetings/events, and oversee the cleaning staff.
- Organize and archive information related to project functions and administration, as needed.
- Support administrative, financial, budgetary, and logistical activities, as required by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Support recruitment for vacant staff positions, including monitoring positing postings, communicating with candidates, maintaining the recruitment tracker and scheduling interviews.
- Track costs and approvals related to project travel for local staff, and book travel arrangements, ensuring backup documentation for expenses is accurate and complies with the contractual and MSI regulations.
- Support the team with event logistics and planning, as well as maintain a file of any related approval documentation.
- Support the management of staff travel requests, and keep track of pending and ongoing travel in coordination with the travel agency.
- Maintain an up-to-date list of vendors.
- Assist in the organization of supporting documentation for payments issued by the project.
- Perform other duties, as required by the Finance and Administration Manager, DCOP and/or Chief of Party.
- University degree in a relevant subject.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in administrative and/or financial management.
- Strong English and Bengali speaking and writing capabilities
- Strong self-initiative: ability to implement and manage program activities tasks proactively, without waiting for instructions.
- Open communication style.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. This position is contingent upon USAID approval.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.