Reporting directly to the President, the Administrative Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Administrative Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. S/He will serve as a liaison to Creative staff and organizes and coordinates meetings and other outreach efforts. S/He must be creative and enjoy working within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission and results-driven. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize. S/He will work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Reporting & Supervision:
The position will report to the President of Creative Associates International.
Provide comprehensive support services to the President that ensures a professional, responsive and effective experience with the organization as a whole and promote a welcoming and responsive environment within the Office of the President.
Plans, coordinates and ensures the President’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the President’s time and office.
- Proactively identify needs and provide solutions to help the Office of the President run more efficiently.
- Works closely and effectively with the President to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated.
- Provides sophisticated calendar management. Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; makes judgments and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Administers correspondence, manages incoming calls, and prioritizes phone messages, emails and mail. Handles all calls and visitors with grace, sophistication and professionalism. Updates and maintains phone lists for CEO.
- Writes error-free, eloquent emails and letters for various events and announcements.
- Manages contacts using Outlook to conduct up-to-date database entry, tracks VIP relations and correspondence; facilitates relationships by familiarizing him/herself with various life events (such as birthdays, and other major milestones).
- Provides complex travel arrangements for the President and executive level staff. Becomes familiar with the specific, detailed needs of the President and travel partners; creates consistent travel itinerary portfolios for reference and be available during travel times to quickly address any last minute changes or cancellations.
- Accurately tracks expenses for President’s Office by managing credit cards and receipts. Processes and submits receipts accurately and on schedule.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses a high degree of discretion.
- Works in a professional and focused manner to schedule internal and external meetings.
- Prepares for meetings including ordering lunch, booking conference rooms, setting up projector or video conferencing units.
- Uses Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce materials for internal and external meetings and conferences.
- Takes notes and distributes meeting minutes, agendas and meeting packages.
- Works closely with the Chief of Staff to arrange meetings and events as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including, staff, external partners and donors
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and SharePoint.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years of administrative experience
- Fluency/proficiency in English and one or more of the following languages Spanish, French, Arabic.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.