The Administrative Assistant (AA) is primarily responsible for broad support and functioning of several teams in the Program Impact and Quality Assurance (PIQA) department, including the Global Grants unit, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning Unit, and general support for overarching PIQA staff (note that specific team assignments may change overtime alongside staffing and administrative needs). The AA is responsible for managing the day-to-day tasks and works as a member of the PIQA support team. The AA has secondary responsibilities to other management staff and departments as assigned.
* Handles scheduling, including Outlook calendar management for senior management, internal and external meeting requests, conference calls and other appointments.
* Assists with planning and coordinating the logistics of meetings and events, internally at headquarters and for visitors.
* Coordinates correspondence for staff in the teams above, files reports and preserves vital records as needed.
* Formats, edits, proofreads, reproduces and distributes materials. Produces documents, PowerPoint presentations or spreadsheets.
* Attends management level meetings as requested and takes meeting minutes.
* Prepares check requests, travel expense vouchers and orders supplies.
* Conducts research to obtain background information on various projects.
* Maintains up-to-date contact and event information for the supported teams.
* Assists with maintaining the team’s SharePoint site, including posting travel schedules, and relevant communications and organizing information.
* Assists with other reports and tasks as requested.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
* Serves with Integrity
* Models Stewardship
* Cultivates Constructive Relationships
* Promotes Learning
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Key Working Relationships:
* Internal: Senior Technical Advisors, Directors, other Senior Managers, Regional Technical Advisors, Country Representatives and Administrative Assistants.
* External: Donors, dignitaries, partners, civic, government, corporate and religious leaders, consultants, vendors, etc., overseas and in the US.
* High School required. Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and relevant experience required.
* Three years of administrative or relevant organizational experience working with senior level managers.
* Strong organizational skills and ability to work and collaborate in a team environment.
* Excellent interpersonal relations and oral/written communications skills.
* Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
* Works well under pressure, handles demands of multiple people and prioritizes.
* Commitment and ability to produce high quality, accurate work in an efficient and timely manner.
* Demonstrates high degree of initiative and is proactive in seeking and undertaking work assignments.
* Knowledge of complex domestic and international travel arrangements.
* Exercises high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
* Experience working with the Catholic Church structures a plus.
Physical Requirements/Environment: Normal conditions akin to an office environment
Foreign Language Required: None
Major Responsibilities of Position: Administration
Disclaimer Clause: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Note: All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.