The Administrative Assistant will provide essential support services necessary to fulfill the various tasks covered in ADVISE. This includes the provision of basic administrative functions, such as, but not necessarily limited to calendar coordination, documenting and archiving meeting attendance and minutes, event planning, file management, obtaining supplies, preparing meeting agendas, printing / copying, providing refreshments for events (within procurement and ethics guidelines), obtaining room bookings, scheduling meetings, booking travel, arranging video or teleconferencing.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the ADIVSE’s scheduler by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel;
- Prepare, submit, and reconcile expense reports;
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures;
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; and
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed, and assist in other project administrative tasks as assigned.
- Education: Minimum of a BA/BS.
- Experience: Between three to five years of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge: Knowledge of and interest in the international development and related fields; understanding of USG (particularly USAID) communications and marketing procedures preferred.
- Skills: Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular). Assistant must have excellent organizational skills and be capable of managing multiple tasks while meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. They must be able to interact with various levels of staff and management, across cultures and organization types, with aplomb and refined interpersonal skill.
The applicant must be a U.S. citizen to qualify for the required U.S. government security clearance for this project. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
NOTE: This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
About the Organization
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management. The Support Team Manager will work on the new USAID Analytics, Data, Visualization, and Information Services (ADVISE) project. ADVISE’s main purpose is to improve the usage of USAID data and information, so that the Agency continues to ensure its development outcomes are supported by evidence.