The Administrative Assistant position will be based in Bamako, Mali and will report to the Administration and Finance Director.
This position is characterized by the performance of a variety of administrative and office support duties. Positions require knowledge of organizational and departmental policies and procedures in order to communicate information involving programs, functions, and services. Duties performed may include preparation of documents and reports, the use of office technology, compiling records, organizing and maintaining files, posting information, greeting / referring/assisting others, mail distribution, and photocopying. The range of duties includes, but is not limited to, collecting and verifying data, summarizing and reconciling information or financial data, records management, review and processing, research and inventory. Positions may serve as the primary staff assistant to a department or manager. At the advanced level, may serve as a lead worker or may provide supervision to other employees.
Job Responsibilities: The Administrative Assistant will work under the direction of the Administration and Finance Director to support coordination and implementation of project activities.
· Answer phones in a professional manner, and routing calls as necessary.
· Handle a variety of administrative support tasks, receiving visitors, preparing meeting and training rooms, sorting and distributing mail.
· Work with technical and support staff to ensure smooth administrative processes.
· Arrange all project transport needs for workshops, meetings and site visits
· Maintain the project library, setting up new files as necessary and ensuring that documents are filed appropriately on a regular basis.
· Assist the Senior team with drafting and typing routine correspondences.
· Maintain filing and other office systems.
· Assists in preparing programs for visitors, including hostel bookings, airport transfer, ticketing etc.
· Support in arranging travel schedules and related logistics, together with expense claims for staff
· Maintains office environment and stationary supplies with appropriate records
· Liaises with the appropriate units for repair, supply and maintenance of office facilities
· In liaison with the procurement officer, assist with completing procurement forms – procurement requests, purchase orders
· Assists in processing financial requests- payment requests, travel advance, petty cash etc.
· Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in related field.
· Minimum of 3 years of administrative support experience, experience with USAID-funded programs will be an advantage.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
· Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
· Consistent, professional dress and manner.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
· Good time management skills.
· Experience with administrative and clerical procedures.
· Able to contribute positively as part of a team, helping out with various tasks as required.
Applied Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the area of specialization, of program procedures, methods, and practices to include knowledge of program and staff responsibilities.
- Uses established filing and data systems, functions, and/or procedures that require knowledge of the program.
- Reviews data and information for completeness and accuracy using standard guidelines; performs tasks with attention to detail.
- Understands software used to perform day-to-day functions.
- Uses basic office software programs, information systems, and office equipment to access, input, and verify standard information.
- Communicates information clearly to staff, clients, and/or public about services, processes, and procedures using prescribed or established guidelines.
- Utilizes program specific terminology.
- Gathers readily available information from office records to drafts e-mails, memos and other documents.
- Proofreads documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation, and basic formatting.
- Provides answers to requests for general information.
- Records and documents information accurately.
Problem Solving & Impact:
- Identifies and recognizes problems that have established precedents and limited impact.
- Refers non- standard questions and problems to higher levels.
- Errors can be easily and quickly detected within the immediate work unit and would result only in minor disruption or expense to correct.
- Close supervision involving detailed instructions and frequent monitoring of work performance.
- Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit.
- Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
Technology to be Used:
- Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Mali.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.