Provides day-to-day administrative and programmatic support for the Latin America Program, and financial and administrative support to the implementation of a two-year Inter-Agency Agreement. Develops and updates informational and programmatic material, coordinates event logistics and event development, supports budget and contract management activities and conducts research as needed. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Latin America Program Director.
TARGET SALARY RANGE
Grade 07 - $48,000 - $50,000
The Institute uses the General Schedule salary tables for administering compensation. Offers of employment are determined based upon candidate qualifications, related experience, internal equity and amount budgeted for the position.
Program and Administrative Support:
- Assist in developing, editing, and updating program informational items for internal USIP staff members and external guests (e.g., fact sheets, web content, project pages, special reports, presentations, etc.);
- Maintain program databases, files, and contacts (filing systems, logs, mailing lists, etc.);
- Schedules meetings and activities;
- Responds to questions regarding general programmatic procedures and standards.
- Complete special assignments as needed.
- Assist with program-related research and writing as needed, including blogs, background papers, and concept notes.
Procurement, Finance, Budget and Travel Support:
- Assist with contract management and execution including drafting and submitting contract proposal language, completing requisitions, processing invoices, expenses, and receipts, and monitoring payment of contractors for services using USIP contract templates;
- Generate quarterly budget and financial reports to help monitor Latin America Program and Inter-Agency Agreement budgets;
- Helps track and reconcile program budgets by recording and tracking transactions, obligating funds, processing travel authorizations, vouchers and expense reimbursements;
- Complete administrative travel processes for domestic and international travel. Processes travel authorizations, advances, cash request, travel vouchers, and expense reimbursements.
Event Development and Planning:
- Assist with drafting event text, agendas, panelist bios, background information, and develops informative descriptions of events for internal USIP staff members and external guests;
- Coordinates all logistical arrangements for program events, domestic and abroad. Tasks may include reserving rooms or conference venues, developing invitations, monitoring RSVPs, ordering food and supplies, arranging room set-up and conference services (e.g. interpretation), and serving as the main point-of-contact for attendees.
- Coordinates domestic and international travel and overnight accommodations for event participants.
- Captures detailed notes and supports drafting of event proceedings and reports for both internal and external audiences;
- Translates documents from Spanish<>English as required.
Preforms other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting and/or Finance
- Interest and knowledge of international relations, peace and security, conflict analysis, and Latin American studies, strongly preferred;
- One (1) or more years related business or administrative experience involving familiarization with general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of major office activities required;
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong budgeting skills.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Fluency in Spanish required.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel is required. Strong computer skills in database usage is preferred;
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines;
- Experience organizing conferences and meetings, making domestic and international travel arrangements preferred.
All USIP contract and employee positions are contingent upon the favorable completion of a suitability background investigation.
Note: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.