Cardno is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the USAID Biodiversity Program in Papua New Guinea.
The USAID Papua New Guinea (PNG) Biodiversity Program is a five-year conservation program based in Port Moresby. The program aims to strengthen the management of environmental resources in PNG to promote conservation of the country’s exceptional biodiversity and enhance the resilience of its people. The biodiversity program will reduce significant threats to priority biodiversity hotspots in PNG by supporting communities to manage their customary lands, working at both national and local levels to develop the capacities needed to provide communities with the legal, technical, and financial resources required to achieve the sustainable management of natural resources in their customary lands and waters. The program seeks an Administrative Assistant to provide general clerical and administrative support including scanning and filing, managing schedules, and note taking. The Administrative Assistant is a local position and therefore ineligible for USAID allowances.
- Perform data-entry, printing and filling duties;
- Maintain a user-friendly filling and document control system for recording and tracking of documents;
- Manage office supplies and stationery stock, and place orders;
- Generate purchase requests as directed for the necessary approvals and verify invoices for the raised purchases upon delivery of goods and services;
- Prepare regular reports on office supply expenses for the Chief of Party (COP);
- Maintain and update program databases and stakeholder contacts;
- Maintain a program admin calendar and schedule appointments;
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails, faxes and packages);
- Provide full administrative support to the Operations team and the broader project staff as required;
- Assist with logistics requirements (arrange travel and accommodation);
- Assist Operations Manager with asset management, transfers, labelling and stock monitoring;
- Proactively assist teams and work flexibly across the program;
- Welcome and greet guests on arrival;
- Take incoming calls and deliver messages when required;
- Schedule conference rooms or meeting rooms as required;
- Arrange refreshments and catering;
- Coordinate with vendors and services they provide;
- Answer questions about organization and provide callers with address, directions, and other information requested; and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION: Grade 12 Certificate or Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration preferred
- REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience in a similar administrative role
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral English language skills;
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to meet management deadlines;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize, with the aim of providing administrative support in an efficient manner;
- Attention to detail in the procedures and in the support provided;
- Commitment to principles of gender equality, capacity development and anti-corruption;
- Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment; and
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
Applicants must submit their CV and Cover Letter, including “PNG and Job Title” on the subject line of the email. CV and cover letter should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the OrganizationCardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd., is part of Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division with international development assistance companies in Brisbane, Brussels, Jakarta, Melbourne, Nairobi, Oxford, Port Moresby, and Washington, DC. Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd. was formerly Emerging Markets Group, Ltd. and brings nearly a 30-year history serving the objectives of bilateral and multilateral donors and private clients. The Emerging Markets Division brings together a broad range of experience and talent; a rich history of innovation, passion and commitment to international development and an established reputation for high quality demand and client driven services.
Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division manages more than $750 million in current contracts and grants, brings together over 90 years of collective experience, and engages over 3,700 professionals in more than 100 countries. Cardno’s Emerging Markets Division currently implements over 130 projects globally.