Administrative Assistant, Sri Lanka IDEA, Colombo, Sri Lanka
MSI manages a USAID funded activity that aims to strengthen Sri Lanka’s civil society sector, with an emphasis on working in all regions of Sri Lanka and supporting citizens participation in inclusive national and local governance processes and citizen friendly policy formulation.
**Please note: Only Sri Lankan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Administrative Assistant position is based in Colombo. They will be responsible for managing the day-to-day administrative needs of the IDEA Activity in Colombo including basic administration and logistics functions.
· Manage the reception desk and the meeting schedule of the Chief of Party (COP)
· Assist staff recruitment, orientation, staff insurance and other HR related work
· Assist in facilities maintenance ensuring adequate stocks of office supplies are in places
· Supervise the Driver and Office Assistant
· Organize logistics for workshops, meetings, trainings and events including but not limited to: booking appropriate venues, participant accommodation and coordinating travel arrangements and related documentations for payments
· Assist in procurement of goods and services by maintaining suppliers’ records, obtaining quotations, preparing analysis and recommendations through a customized online procurement system
· Organize logistics for field travel, meetings, accommodations of staff and processing reimbursement claims
· Act as liaison with the service providers to keep all equipment in good order
· Undergraduate level academic qualification or equivalent professional qualifications preferred
· A minimum of two years experience working as administrative assistant, executive assistant, secretary or as technical support person for NGO or international organization
· Hands-on entry-level experience in facilities management and vehicle maintenance
· A good knowledge of training venues and accommodation facilities in the country
· Prior experience working with USAID-funded projects would be advantageous
· Be conversant with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
· An understanding of and ability to maintain basic IT facility preferred
· Familiarity in using any procurement software advantageous
· Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
· Fluency in English and one national language required; tri-lingual proficiency preferred
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.