Although formally supervised by the On-site Project Manager, the Administrative Assistant will report to the Administrative Officer, Office Director or Team Leader of BFS to which s/he is assigned for day-to- day work assignments. In addition, the Administrative Assistant may be asked to carry out activities such as (1) assessing administrative needs; (2) data collection and management; and (3) providing administrative support in the planning, implementation and evaluation/oversight of activities related to BFS programs. The Administrative Assistant must also be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing. S/he must be well organized and be able to manage numerous, simultaneous activities. Functional knowledge of Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Windows-based operating systems is required.
- Process travel requests on receipt of itineraries, including reservations, ticketing, and visas/passports within two working days
- Obtain country clearances via email/cable as appropriate three days prior to departure date
- Process Travel vouchers within three working days from Traveler’s return
- Properly document the travel in Agency’s electronic systems (i.e., E2i Solutions, FS-Trans)
- Update and maintain Directors’ calendars in a highly professional manner with scheduling conflicts only in occasional circumstances
- Keep abreast of routine office meetings, such as staff meetings, board meetings, etc. in order to avoid disruptions in daily management of office administration
- Track executive correspondence and work with the Officers to ensure responses are sent in on time and in the correct format
- Maintain designated official files and keep them current
- Provide reference service to files
- Prepare/review annual file plan and submit to Records Liaison Officer
- Review office correspondence for proper formatting as prescribed in official agency guidance
- Keep abreast of agency guidance to ensure proper document handling
- Produce documents to a high standard with only occasional re-editing prior to clearance and dissemination from office
General Administrative Support
- Schedule conference rooms and ensures proper equipment and/or documentation are secured one day prior to meeting
- Assist in preparation of routine reports, e.g., weekly reports, calendars of events, lists of publications, etc
- Perform official timekeeper duties in the WebTA system including ensuring all WebTA entries are correctly entered
- Assist Officers in document preparation by ensuring documents are in correct format
- Procure office supplies, anticipate needs, obtain Office Director’s approval in timely way
- Support officers at meetings and trainings, including assisting in planning them, arranging for appropriate rooms and presentation equipment, setting up, making sufficient numbers of copies of materials, escorting visitors, taking minutes, and clearing up the room at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Distribute incoming mail, and prepare mailings for Officers
- Maintain email lists, monitor office websites and as needed request webmaster to repair broken links or update factual information
- Maintain Office member contact lists for COOP and emergency situations
- Keep up to date on Agency administrative notices and advise officers on current requirements
- Whenever necessary, provide courier services between all of the USAID Offices, the State Department, Embassies and other locations
- Minimum requirement is High school diploma or equivalent. Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years professional administrative work experience.
- Active Secret clearance is required.
DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.
About the Organization
Dexis Professional Services (DPS), a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.