Administrative Assistant, Zambia Evidence for Health (E4H) Activity, Zambia
USAID/Zambia intends to 1) Strengthen the national Health Management Information System (HMIS) owned and managed by the Government of Zambia’s (GRZ) Ministry of Health (MOH), 2) Improve monitoring, evaluation, and research capacities within key government and non-governmental institutions, and 3) Expand the evidence base for existing approaches to health programming in malaria, nutrition, family planning, maternal and child health, and HIV. The activity will support strategic objectives of USAID, the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI).
**Please note: Only Zambian citizens are eligible for this position. Please share your salary expectations in your application for this position.**
The Administrative Assistant will support the finance, operations and technical teams and will perform other administrative duties as requested. The Administrative Assistant will provide critical daily support to the field office operations team. The Administrative Assistant will report to the Office and Logistics Manager
- Work closely with the Office and Logistics Manager to provide operational support to all project activities.
- Support financial needs by processing payments and scanning financial documents in a timely manner.
- Maintain office, finance, and purchase order files, databases and assist with recording the purchasing of supplies.
- Support procurement actions of office supplies and materials (e.g., for workshops) and ensure an adequate supply of office materials (paper, toner, stationary, cleaning substances, toiletries etc.) for the day-to-day running of the office.
- Support administrative and finance activities by organizing and archiving information.
- Assist staff with overflow work including word processing, data entry and internet research tasks.
- Any other assignments as determined by project needs.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least two (2) years of relevant experience working on donor-funded projects in a related administrative role.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with USAID policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated initiative and self-motivation in performing assigned tasks.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please. MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
To apply: Please visit our website, www.msiworldwide.com
About the Organization
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.