Are you hungry to learn from and work with top leaders in the global development community and be a part of the day-to-day operations? Are you excited to be a part of a dynamic company that’s growing fast and has an open, teamwork-focused culture? Read on.
You’re organized, resourceful, perseverant, and a quick learner who’s willing to take on any challenge. You’re excited to go the extra mile to see your team succeed. You thrive in an environment where you’re responsible for managing up when needed, and are seen as a partner first. You also strive to be the best communicator in the room, while keeping optimism as your guiding force.
Does this sound like you? If you just said “yes,” keep reading…
What you’ll do here
If you’ve read this far, we know that you want to know more. What will you do as the Administrative Associate?
In your first 90 days you’ll:
- Get insider knowledge on how social enterprises and media companies actually work
- Organize and take on the bulk of the President’s and Chief of Staff’s scheduling
- Understand and create event and meeting briefs
- Organize and streamline data in Salesforce and enter information for hand-off to the sales team
By the time you finish your first year you’ll have:
- Worked on and executed company-wide special projects with the Chief of Staff
- Helped create, organize and lead internal initiatives to help the Office of the President be more efficient and productive
- Mastered event preparation, including working with organizers, logistics for travel, meeting scheduling, and brief preparation, to name a few
- Collaborated efficiently and seamlessly with the DC Operations Associate
- Established an efficient process for Salesforce and added 100% of all leads to Salesforce
- Streamlined scheduling and travel planning for the President and Chief of Staff
Here are the basic requirements we’re looking for in the role…
- Have a bachelor’s degree
- Have internship or work experience in an office
Besides the basics, here’s what we’d love to see you have experience in…
- Administrative work
- Working with executives
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Are you ready to get started? Apply now!
About the Organization
Devex is the media platform for the global development community. As a social enterprise, we connect and inform development, health, humanitarian and sustainability professionals through news, business intelligence and funding and career opportunities. Our goal is to do more good for more people. Today, we reach over 1 million aid workers and development professionals, and we can't wait to make it even more.
We live our mission, and bring our world-class academic and professional experience to work every single day to change the world.
Our diverse global team includes 130+ web-savvy journalists, analysts, developers, designers, and marketers. Our headquarters is in Washington, DC., we have offices in Barcelona and Manila, and reporters on 5 continents. We cover the most meaningful issues in the world, from eradicating malaria and polio to fighting climate change to ending poverty in our time. Professionals at NGOs like Save the Children, CARE, ONE, and the Gates Foundation rely on us to be in-the-know.