Job DescriptionPosition Description
EnCompass LLC is seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide contractual, financial, and operational support to the USAID/Peru Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning for Sustainability (MELS) project as a member of the USAID MELS team. This 5-year contract provides USAID/Peru, including its bilateral and South America Regional portfolios, USAID/Brazil, and USAID/Paraguay with technical and advisory services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios in order to improve the achievement and sustainability of USAID’s development outcomes; the project also includes providing services for strengthening the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) capabilities of USAID/Peru staff, targeted local partners, and Government of Peru (GOP) stakeholders.
The Administrative Coordinator will support the technical team in materials production in both English and Spanish, information management workplan management, and logistical support for meetings, workshops, and travel.
We are looking for someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, can coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously, and is interested in the field of monitoring, evaluation, learning, and the use of evidence in the national and international development area.
This is a full time position is based at EnCompass Lima, Peru office.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead information management and workplanning efforts for the team
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the design and maintenance of information systems and databases (including those on Google Drive and SharePoint), as well support the implementation of these systems
- Provide support to project meetings and events
- Provide logistic support for workshops (scheduling rooms, purchasing supplies, setting up the room, etc.)
- Arrange travel, hotels, visas, and other necessary preparations for traveling team members
- Support the development of assignment reports, materials for events, and technical documents
- Draft, edit, and format materials, note-taking, event documents, and reports as needed
- Organizing programs and activities (e.g., maintaining up-to-date participant lists, drafting communications, sending welcome letters, responding to questions, etc.)
- Update and maintain Task and Deliverables Trackers to ensure timely delivery of tasks and track overall project progress
- Support on the management of consultant processes: ensure alignment of recruitment to EnCompass standards and policy; support consultant agreement, onboarding, and invoicing processes
- Support operational aspects of fieldwork efforts
- Assist in creating and maintaining schedules and calendars for multiple tasks across the project
- Work closely with the MELS team and Encompass home office communications team to ensure high-quality deliverables by selecting translators, verifying the accuracy of translation of English and Spanish documents (with MELS technical team concurrence), overseeing compliance with the Branding Implementation and Marking Plan, and formatting of documents
- Support development and functioning of the project financial, operational, and administrative systems and process, ensuring compliance with USAID, Peruvian law, and EnCompass policies
- Engage fully as a member of the USAID MELS staff team, including participating in staff and client meetings and other events, and providing administrative support to team members as needed
- Serve as primary point of contact to EnCompass Headquarters on operational/administrative issues
- Other duties as assigned
- At a minimum, a Bachelor’s degree in administration or related areas (information technology, translation, events manager), or social science-related areas (sociology, anthropology, economy, psychology, etc.)
Experience and Skills
How to Apply
- Minimum of 3 years of experience providing similar support to project teams, of which at least 1 year should have been in development projects
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, oriented to problem-solving and planning, analysis, design of project management, and planning tasks and methods
- Ability to organize, manage, prioritize, and follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and with technical support
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills (at a minimum Level 3 of Foreign Service Institute, Professional Working Experience)
- Previous event planning and management experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with cloud-based information management platforms and repositories is a plus (Google, Sharepoint, OneDrive, others)
- Proven capacity to take the initiative and willingness to learn new skills as needed
- Strong work ethic and the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
- Experience with USAID funded projects is preferred
- Experience with database management
Please submit CV and cover letter in English, including salary expectations (monthly gross amount) in Peruvian soles, and complete the application.
**CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS**
Tuesday, 31 March, 2020
About the Organization
EnCompass is a women-owned business offering innovative and customized solutions for leadership, capacity strengthening, technical assistance, and monitoring and evaluation. We have experience in more than 70 countries and a team of more than 100 staff and 1,200 experts around the globe.
We partner with government and multilateral agencies, nonprofit organizations, and corporations around the world, offering thought leadership, rich diversity, and technical expertise in global health, inclusive development, education, human rights, and food security.