Macfadden, now part of PAE, is seeking an intern for the summer 2019 term (May – August), to support USAID’s Office of Foreign Assistance (OFDA) in the Bureau for Democracy, Conflict and Humanitarian Assistance (DCHA). Depending on need, Macfadden may bring on more than one intern. Interns can expect to have a substantive and rewarding experience as a part of OFDA.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Support Program Management team with administrative tasks may include (but not limited to):
- Provide backup support for administrative support tasks such as reception coverage and facility support, finance support, personnel support, and records management;
- Reserving conference rooms, escorting new hires and interview candidates;
- Filing documents electronically and in hard copy;
- Managing office supplies;
- Photocopying and distributing documents;
- Providing scheduling and meeting arrangements;
- Taking notes at staff meetings;
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail;
- Other administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must be working towards a Bachelor’s degree.
- Internships and some work experience preferred in a customer service environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Familiarity or interest in learning about International Development and Disaster Assistance.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and customer service skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Must be able to work in a high-energy, dynamic work environment
- Interpersonal skills
- Data entry skills (MS Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Internet research skills
- Team player
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
This position description reflects Macfadden’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s latitude to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
About the Organization
Macfadden is now part of PAE. Founded over 30 years ago, Macfadden has provided federal agencies with critical on-the-ground support to U.S. government humanitarian missions around the world as well as financial and IT system support. Through program management, human resources services, financial management systems support, information technology solutions, knowledge management, travel coordination and communications support, Macfadden enables effective U.S. government humanitarian response to international disasters. Macfadden’s workforce includes approximately 300 employees primarily located in the Washington, D.C. area.