The Full-time, Personal Services Contractor (PSC) will serve as an advisor, technical expert, and resource to MCC officials and employees by providing ongoing support and legal advisory services with respect to complex and difficult questions impacting MCC administrative programs and operations. Assistance provided supports multi-disciplinary projects related to sensitive and complex public policies of national or international significance that have complex legal aspects and involve controversial legal issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Drafts interpretative analysis of program policy development associated with a variety of critical MCC programs and operations. Exercises responsibility for the analysis, development, advocacy and review of all policies affecting the operations of MCC.
• Researches and prepares memoranda on legal issues related to the regulations and statutes applicable to MCC’s foreign assistance mission.
• Researches and prepares memoranda on administrative litigation matters. Represents the corporation in investigations and administrative proceedings involving Federal personnel law, equal employment opportunity law, and other matters. Represents the agency in Federal procurement matters, including bid protests and contract disputes; claims of the government, including debt collection; and other administrative matters.
• Assists MCC’s Assistant General Counsels (Administration) in coordinating with the Department of Justice on all civil litigation matters affecting MCC.
• Ensures all MCC officials are kept informed of new or changes to existing administrative laws, executive orders, rules and regulations affecting MCC programs and operations.
• Assists the Designated Agency Ethics Official in all aspects of the ethics program, including review of required financial disclosure reports, training agency employees on the Standards of Ethical Conduct, and providing advice to employees on a case by case basis.
• Assists MCC’s Chief Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) officer or FOIA Appeal Authority with authority to release or deny all FOIA/Privacy Act requests and on other matters related to FOIA.
• Supports MCC’s Assistant General Counsels in a wide range of information law matters, including interpretation and implementation of the Federal Records Act, Paperwork Reduction Act, Open Government initiatives, and related laws and regulations to MCC programs and operations. Assists in other administrative law matters such as fiscal law, audit response, and intellectual property as necessary.
• Ensures legal opinions, briefs, memoranda, etc. are fully researched, and contain appropriate legal and policy conclusions.
• Pursues and achieves goals to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of OGC operations including the development and implementation of new or enhanced training programs for staff or automation initiatives, etc.
• Recommends and formulates MCC’s position regarding difficult and complex legal problems and issues that may be controversial or of significant public interest. Provides advice and consultation, as a technical expert in the field of administrative law.
PLEASE APPLY AT:
About the Organization
The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is a Federal Corporation created under Title VI of the Foreign Operations, Export Financing, and Related Programs Appropriations Act, 2004. MCC’s mission is to reduce poverty around the world through the promotion of sustainable economic growth based on the principle that aid is most effective when it strengthens good governance, economic freedom and investments in people. For more information on the MCC, please visit www.mcc.gov.