The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted Social Solutions to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Administrative Management Support (AMS) Specialist (Logistics)
Location: Washington, DC
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Salary Range: Gs- 12 equivalent
The Administrative Management Support (AMS) Specialist provides support to the Logistics Team in the Office of Professional Development and Management Support (PDMS) of the Bureau for Global Health (GH). The AMS Specialist functions independently with minimal oversight and direction, working directly with all GH staff; other USAID bureau and independent office staff; contractors, vendors, and suppliers; and field missions, if necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage GH iPhone program;
- Mange GH space program;
- Assist Logistics Team Lead with projects and tasks;
- Assists with WebTA issues and inquiries;
- Development, management and maintenance of the GH iPhone database;
- Development and production of periodic and customized data reports pertaining to logistics requests, in a variety of formats;
- Routine periodic research and data collection, directly from the GH organizational components, concerning logistics requirements;
- Assists Direct Hires (DH) and timekeepers with WebTA inquiries and issues;
- Development, management and maintenance of the GH Space Management Database;
- Development and production of periodic and customized Space Utilization Reports, in a variety of formats;
- Development, production and presentation of periodic Space Planning (Needs Assessments) Reports to GH Senior Management and Agency Space Management officials;
- Development, data collection, production and presentation of cross-cutting administrative management information, such as information technology (IT) implications and space needs implications, to include strategic recommendations;
- Management of the request process for computer workstations, network connections, telephony, remote access, laptops, and other services along with GH Administrative Officers and Logistics Team Lead;
- Coordination of the assignment of space to individuals, on a long- and short-term basis, taking into account vacant space resulting from travel and other temporary assignments, as well as location and equipment needs and availability; and
- Development, data collection, production and presentation of cost factors associated with all workforce types utilized by GH, to include IT seat charges, space charges, supplies, equipment and travel, for use in budget planning and financial resource management.
Qualification at the GS-12 Administrative Management Support (AMS) Specialist (Logistics) equivalent Program level requires a master’s degree in a related field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Alternately, an individual may qualify at the GS-12 equivalent Administrative Management Support (AMS) Specialist (Logistics) level with a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience.
Other qualifications include:
- Requires proficiency in the use of Google Sharing/Docs interface and Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Excel spreadsheet skills, PowerPoint, internet and email applications;
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills;
- Candidates must have a strong interest in organizational management;
- The incumbent must have excellent analytic skills and reasoning ability. The incumbent should be able to work under moderate supervision and bring a problem-solving approach to carrying out duties. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative and an eagerness to learn technical skills and program management;
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills;
- Employee demonstrates compliance with safety regulations, rules of conduct, other applicable laws and regulations and company policies;
- Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to both internal and external customers;
- Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, meets attendance/punctuality requirements;
- Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development;
- Has good listening skills, builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, negotiates effectively, solicits performance feedback and handles constructive criticism;
- Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, has necessary technical skills, understands company mission/values, keeps job knowledge current, is in command of critical issues;
- Demonstrates ability to exercise good judgment and make appropriate decisions as situations arise;
- Develops realistic plans, sets goals, aligns plans with company goals, plans for and manages resources, creates contingency plans, coordinates/cooperates with others;
- Breaks down problems into smaller components, understands underlying issues, can simplify and process complex issues, understands the difference between critical details and unimportant facts;
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team lead to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere; and
- Applicants selected will be subject to a background investigation and must obtain and maintain a favorable adjudication as applicable to their position/duties.
In order to fully evaluate your eligibility, your resume must include relevant paid and non-paid experience showing dates held with month, year and hours worked per week for each position.
About the Organization
Social Solutions International, Inc. (Social Solutions) is a Hispanic and woman-owned business emphasizing quality research and evaluation, training and technical assistance, and institutional support services. We are a mission-driven organization that believes that superior science can improve the world. Social Solutions is dedicated to the creation of social and health solutions to improve the welfare of underserved populations worldwide.