The Shanti Bhavan Children’s Project is looking for highly-motivated and passionate individuals to fill two openings for the Administrative Manager position to oversee our volunteer program and carry out administrative and executive duties at Shanti Bhavan, our English-medium progressive boarding school in rural India. The administrative managers will work with the Indian and the US team in order to support onsite activities and fundraising efforts in the US.
Start Date: June 2018.
Must be willing to commit until mid-December 2018, with possibility of extension until April 2019.
Applicants should possess the following:
BENEFITS OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGER POSITION
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to assign tasks, manage a diverse group of volunteers, and build strong working relationships with current staff
- Capacity to serve as a supportive and professional mentor to the children
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, donors, corporate sponsors, etc. often bridging cultural gaps
- Detail-oriented and focused
- Flexible, and able to adapt to changing situations and expectations and relay those adjustments to other team members
- Superior ability to handle stress and set boundaries both personally and professionally
- Comfort with working closely with another individual who shares many overlapping responsibilities
- Ability to maintain a highly motivated, persevering, and achievement-oriented attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision while remaining abreast of the mission and vision of the school
- Competency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and other office software / tools
HOW TO APPLY
- All expenses are paid for, including roundtrip airfare/transportation, room and board on campus, visa fees.
- The position includes a salary equivalent to Indian local standards.
- Not only is this an opportunity to travel and be fully immersed in a wonderful and vibrant culture, it is a rare opportunity to make a personal contribution to better the lives of students who would have the opportunity to uplift their families from poverty
- We have many VIPs who visit our institution including celebrities, CEOs of international corporations and visiting diplomats / dignitaries / royalty. You will have an opportunity to meet and interact with them as a coordinator and administrator for the institution.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Ashley Monroe at firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Organization
Shanti Bhavan has been in existence for 21 years and has been profiled in The New York Times, the Charlie Rose Show, Thomas Friedman's The World is Flat, the Discovery Channel, ABC News and Glamour Magazine’s “Get Schooled” series. In 2017, the four part Netflix Original Documentary series, Daughters of Destiny, featured Shanti Bhavan.
Shanti Bhavan serves children of the lowest caste - all of the children in the program hail from socio-economically depressed areas of rural India, mostly from the "Untouchable" or "Dalit" communities. The mission of Shanti Bhavan is to empower children from India’s lowest socioeconomic class to break the cycle of generational poverty through education, leadership, and compassion. They are given a full scholarship, room and board while they attend the school. Shanti Bhavan means “haven of peace” and the school truly is a “haven” for students aging from pre-K-12th grade. They are provided with a world-class education in a safe and nurturing environment.
You can visit www.shantibhavanchildren.org to learn more about the school.