The USAID Papua New Guinea (PNG) Biodiversity Program is a five-year conservation program based in Port Moresby. The program aims to strengthen the management of environmental resources in PNG to promote conservation of the country’s exceptional biodiversity and enhance the resilience of its people. The biodiversity program will reduce significant threats to priority biodiversity hotspots in PNG by supporting communities to manage their customary lands and waters, working at both national and local levels to develop the capacities needed to provide communities with the legal, technical, and financial resources required to achieve the sustainable management of their natural resources. The program seeks an Administrative Officer to support the Program.
· Work with the Director of Finance and Administration (DFO) and responsible for office operations, management of procurement, services, travel, inventory, insurance and HR.
· Ensure proper approvals and other requirements are met for all procurements; that all deliverables and required documentation are filed appropriately electronically and in hard copy.
· Review of all procurement requests for completeness of necessary information, soliciting and reviewing quotations on local procurement items, preparation of selection memo and justifications, preparing purchase orders and obtaining necessary signatures and approvals.
· Manage all travel arrangements for official domestic and international travel for staff and consultants including obtaining USAID mission and Cardno Home Office concurrence/ notification, visa and hotel reservations. Work in close contact with travel agents and hotels.
· Maintain staff time sheet/leave records, administration of national consultant contracts; professional service agreements.
· Responsible for management of staff personnel files, staff evaluations and provide support on HR policies and procedures.
· Manage Project inventory including preparation of an annual inventory report for submission to Cardno Home Office.
· Oversee vehicle management and mileage reports.
· Maintain vendor’s credit accounts for all procurements in order to have credit facilities for Project procurement of goods and services.
· Maintain and update program databases and stakeholder contacts.
· Coordinate with the Cardno Home Office Program Management team on compliance, and contractual requirement issues.
· Develop and oversee implementation of project human resources, logistics and operational policies and procedures.
· Manage administration of Expatriate(s) and Country Office lease agreements.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the DFO, COP and/DCOP.
· BSc/BA (or equivalent) in relevant field
· 4-5 years of progressively responsible experience managing and implementing development projects in the Pacific in the areas of environment, biodiversity and conservation, livelihoods development, and natural resource management
· Experience working with a wide range of stakeholders in challenging environments to implement community-driven conservation activities
· Demonstrated familiarity with managing and implementing program activities according to donor expectations and regulations; USAID experience preferred
· Sound Microsoft Office skills
· Good communication skills, both written and verbal English language skills required.
· Proven ability to work under pressure and to meet management deadlines.
· Commitment to principles of gender equality, capacity development and anti-corruption.
· Ability to be flexible to changes in working hours where required.
· Ability to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team in an office environment.
Equal Opportunity statement: Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
Cardno is a professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with specialist expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world. Cardno’s team includes leading professionals who plan, design, manage and deliver sustainable projects and community programs. Cardno is an international company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange [ASX:CDD].
Visit our website at www.cardno.com/internationaldevelopment - to learn more about Cardno Emerging Markets USA, Ltd.
Applicants must apply online with a CV and Cover Letter on the Cardno website.