Dexis Professional Services (DPS) is a wholly-owned, independently operated business unit established in 2016 to provide support services to United States Government (USG) agencies that were previously provided by the parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation, DPS draws on the parent company’s 15+ years of experience fielding domestic and overseas technical, operational, professional and managerial staff for various USG clients.
Do you want to be part of an organization that offers meaningful assignments and opportunities to enhance your skills and expertise? At DPS, you will experience a corporate culture of collaboration, equality, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded. Join a growing, dynamic company as we continue to expand our portfolio.
About the Position
The National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Office of Security (OSY) - Western Region (WRSO) seeks an Administrative Security Specialist to assist with a myriad of duties in the overall management and support of Client Security Services. OSY serves to mitigate the risk to personnel, facilities, property, information and assets through increased initiatives in various security fields via issuance of Department-wide security policies and the application of a multi-disciplined security program extending from the Headquarters to operating units. This position is contingent upon award and will be based in Seattle, Washington.
Administrative Security Specialist’s responsibilities will include:
- Articulate the OSY mission to customers and associates at service counters; greet senior executive staff; receive visitors; and, provide timely and accurate information to these customers and staff.
- Manage a multi-line phone system including answering incoming calls; taking necessary actions such as transferring calls to appropriate personnel; and, recording clear and concise messages numbering up to 100 per day.
- Perform duties such as taking photographs for visa/passport and government issued badges; access card programming and producing finished badges; and, processing fingerprint requests for Customer Service Center customers numbering up to 100 per day.
- Provide entries into existing computer databases for building access and information; verification of biographical and security data; processing visit requests; and, tracking physical property assets for accountability (e.g., badges, keys, among others).
- Maintain calendar for Office Manager, schedule meetings and attend senior level meetings for the purpose of taking notes and transcribing them into accurate meeting minutes.
- Proofread, copy, package and complete memorandums, correspondence and information; organize and distribute documents.
- Develop and maintain a filing system, including entry of computerized records into databases using Microsoft based computer software programs for processing invoices and other record keeping.
- Assist with supervised property inventories of immediate office equipment by helping to identify and record presence of physical property assets.
- Advise program managers and senior managers on administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Demonstrate expertise and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite to include heavy use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Photocopy and perform other general office duties, as assigned.
- Requires a HS diploma (or equivalent)
- 1-4 years’ on-the-job experience with administrative management and support tasks
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service environment
At Dexis Professional Services (DPS) we align ourselves with the core values of our parent company, Dexis Consulting Group (Dexis). Ingenuity, Integrity, Investment in People-these are the guiding principles of our culture. We empower our staff to work together with colleagues at all levels and be part of the decision-making process; we create transparency in our operations with our clients and employees; and we offer our people opportunities to grow and challenge themselves in meaningful ways. We’re committed to excellence in institutional support and staff augmentation in the global development arena. As a DPS employee, we will challenge you, we will empower you, and we will mentor you.
If you are passionate about this opportunity, submit your application by clicking the apply for this job online button.
Only those applicants who meet the above criteria will be contacted for interview. DPS is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.