Tetra Tech International Development Services, headquartered in Arlington, VA has an immediate opening for an Administrative Specialist for the Clean Cities Blue Ocean (CCBO) project. This position will be based in Rosslyn, VA.
The CCBO activity is a five-year, $48 million initiative of USAID which will serve as USAID’s flagship program to target ocean plastics directly at their source in cities and towns. The project works to prevent ocean plastic pollution by building capacity and commitment for Reducing, Reusing, and Recycling (3Rs) and solid waste management (SWM) in urban and peri-urban settings, particularly in riverine and coastal areas. CCBO works with multiple USAID missions on country-specific implementation of national and local activities, and with USAID/Washington on global-level activities.
The role of the CCBO Administrative Specialist will be to provide administrative support to the project staff. They will coordinate with the Admin and Finance Manager and the Tetra Tech business office on administrative and operational support tasks.
* Minimum of a BA/BS degree.
* Minimum of 3 years prior experience working in a professional office environment.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proficiency with MS-Office applications, including Excel.
* Ability to organize own work and perform independently while closely and appropriately coordinating with team members (internal and external).
* Ability to work under pressure, organize and handle multiple priorities, and meet tight deadlines;
* Must be an energetic and enthusiastic collaborative team player;
* Prior experience working on USAID funded projects preferred; and
* Prior experience in purchasing/procurement preferred.
* U.S. citizenship or a valid U.S. work permit is mandatory.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. With more than 20,000 associates working together, Tetra Tech provides clear solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With more than 17,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.