Dexis is seeking an experienced Administrative Specialist III for the Program Office to provide support services to the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Office of Afghanistan and Pakistan Affairs (OAPA). OAPA was established to support USAID programs in Afghanistan and Pakistan and to represent USAID in inter-agency committees, to the public, in Congress, and to other governments and partners. Dexis provides management, technical, and administrative services to OAPA. The work location for this position will be in Washington DC. This is a full-time position. The start date for this position is immediate.
This Administrative Specialist III, Program Office will provide administrative and office support for assigned supervisor/manager or senior staff member. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Perform office administrative functions such as receiving, answering and routing telephone calls; setting up and maintaining alphabetical, numerical and/or subject files; maintaining calendars and coordinating meeting times; scheduling conferences and conference room facilities; booking off-site meeting locations, sending out invitations and keeping track of responses; creating and distributing meeting agenda; taking minutes during meetings, and distributing them to attendees as appropriate; and making logistical arrangements for meetings and conferences.
- Manage the transmittal of incoming and outgoing memos.
- Research and obtain information for routine and moderately complex reports and special assignments.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for individuals supported.
- Coordinate the routing of documents/memos through the approval chain, follow up on pending details, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Master’s degree in relevant field, minimum of four (4) years of directly related work experience; or Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, minimum of six (6) years of directly related work experience.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet, and e-mail applications (Google/Outlook).
- Experience in the use of database applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to go above and beyond the call of duty and be a team player.
- Active secret security clearance required.
About the Organization
Since 2001, Dexis has provided innovative management solutions for a secure and prosperous world. In the last three years alone, Dexis has worked in 90 countries supporting critical missions of agencies in the global development and security assistance space. With triple digit growth in recent years, Dexis was ranked in the top 10 consulting firms by funding at the US Agency for International Development in FY16 and FY17. Dexis was also among the highest rated employers on Glassdoor, where many of its 250-plus employees cited a people-centered leadership and culture as the main drivers to its success.
Dexis is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or Vietnam Era veteran of the US Armed Forces.