Administrator / Project Management Officer [Surge Database]
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Humanitarian and Stabilisation Operations Team (HSOT) is contracted through Palladium International Limited by the Department for International Development (DFID) to provide humanitarian, emergency and Stabilisation support services to DFID and the Stabilisation Unit (SU).
HSOT has Operations teams supporting both DFID humanitarian operations and SU Stabilisation work.
We are building a surge database which will provide candidates with an opportunity to work within HSOT’s Operations teams. This surge pool is for those interested in applying for roles that come up in our teams supporting these two departments. Candidates will have the opportunity to specify their preference for work supporting DFID and/or the Stabilisation Unit.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate a real interest in and commitment to providing high quality, administrative, project management support and delivering an excellent coordination function. The role will focus on administration and coordination, providing an opportunity to enter and to progress within deployments and support functions of international aid and stabilisation work.
Provide administrative support to the team according to prioritised needs. This will include:
- Manage portfolio of deployment projects, managing full deployment cycle from candidate selection stage to demobilisation of deployee. Includes liaison with DFID/ Foreign and Commonwealth offices (FCO) and partners, arranging travel, monitoring welfare and performance of deployees, issuing kit and supporting on invoice submission
- Undertake liaison with the Security Adviser on duty of care requirements and issues and acting as the first point of contact for deployed consultants on security issues/ welfare issues.
- Drafting of project budgets and forecasting. Maintenance of project accounts and reporting to the client. Responsible to ensure accurate budget management
- Process expenses and invoices for contracted staff
- Working closely with the HR team to provide administrative operational support to DFID in event of a rapid onset humanitarian response. Includes deploying personnel rapidly at short notice with occasional out of hours working, dependent upon the nature of the emergency response
- Assist with routine administrative reporting as required
Required Qualifications: Key Skills and Competencies
- A Levels or similar qualifications, or demonstrably relevant work experience
- Proven ability to deal with a varied, demanding, often conflicting and changing workload.
- Strong ability to problem solve.
- Strong budget management skills with experience creating budgets, monitoring costs and budget forecasting
- Excellent organisation skills in terms of administration, planning, managing information, controlling timelines and meeting deadlines