You will manage and contribute to spending reviews which aim to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of government spending, and provide advice on how to improve the quality of future spending.
Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno manages Prospera, a new partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Prospera will be responsive to the needs of a wide range of agencies in the Indonesian government, covering six Engagement Areas:
- Markets – improving product and factor market efficiency
- Finance – delivering financial stability and development
- Spending – improving the quality, delivery efficiency, and access to public services
- Revenue – mobilising revenues without unduly impeding private activity
- Public Sector Reform – strengthening economic institutions
- Economics & Inclusion – providing analysis to boost the evidence for economic policy.
In this role you will:
- Manage and provide technical input into Prospera’s assistance with spending reviews.
- Contribute to and manage other research studies on a range of policy issues which have major medium to long-term spending implications.
- Advise and assist counterparts with medium-term macro-fiscal analysis in conjunction with Prospera’s Economics and Inclusion team.
- Prepare briefs for a range of internal and external stakeholders on the fiscal outlook and the implications for GOI policies and the broader economic outlook.
- Assist relevant GOI agencies with training and advice on improving the quality of monitoring and evaluation of policy implementation.
- Work with the relevant GOI agencies to improve the quality and transparency of budget documentation.
- Scope opportunities to provide support to GOI which contribute to the position and program objectives.
The Terms of Reference containing full Selection Criteria can be downloaded from here.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor degree in a relevant field such as economics, public administration, law, public financial management, accounting, or political science (with relevant postgraduate qualifications highly desirable).
- At least 10 years’ experience in, and significant technical knowledge of, public financial management. Ideally candidates will have worked for a Ministry of Finance (or equivalent) in a government with an advanced budget framework (i.e. one that employs performance budgeting and a medium term expenditure framework).
- Familiarity with public sector financial management IT systems and Microsoft Office software, particularly Excel.
- Ability to develop strategies, approaches and work plans for development partner assistance.
- Experience working with the Government of Indonesia on public financial management issues is highly desirable.
- Strong relationship management skills, particularly in dealing with senior government officials;
- High level communication skills and ability in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia is desirable.
How to apply
To apply for this position please email Jeane Panannangan at recruitment[@]prospera.or.id. Your application must include:
- A cover letter,
- Response to the selection criteria, and
- A current CV. current CV.
All applications are required to submit a response to the selection criteria (maximum 3 pages). Please note that incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT’s Adviser Remuneration Framework, Discipline Group D, Job Level 3. The remuneration level at which the Adviser (Budget Policy) is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
Queries relating to this assignment should be directed to Jeane Panannangan at recruitment[@]prospera.or.id. It is essential that you quote ‘Prospera Adviser (Budget Policy) - query’ in the subject line or you may not receive a response.
Applications close 5.00pm, Friday, 27 July 2018, Jakarta time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Availability for an immediate start is desirable.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.