Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno manages Prospera. The program is a new partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG). Prospera will be responsive to the needs of a wide range of agencies in the Indonesian government, covering six engagement areas:
In this role you will:
- Markets – improving product and factor market efficiency;
- Finance – delivering financial stability and development;
- Spending – improving the quality, delivery efficiency, and access to public services;
- Revenue – mobilising revenues without unduly impeding private activity;
- Public Sector Reform – strengthening economic institutions; and
- Economics & Inclusion – providing analysis to boost the evidence for economic policy.
- Attend meetings with Bappenas to receive their feedback on Prospera’s analysis to date.
- Revise the analysis in line with Bappenas comments and relevant findings from the sectoral analysis.
- As required, conduct new analysis in line with Bappenas’ needs and requirements.
- Draft a Background Paper that summarises the revised analysis.
The Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria can be found here: Terms of Reference.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- University Degree in a field related to infrastructure, economics or finance.
- At least ten years’ relevant work experience in economic policy and/or infrastructure policy, and with developed knowledge of the infrastructure policy context in Indonesia.
- Experience with infrastructure planning and prioritisation.
- Advantageous: prior experience with Bappenas and the RPJMN policy setting; fiscal policy and fiscal data; Indonesia’s macroeconomic context; the role of SOEs in providing infrastructure in Indonesia; fees and charges policy in different infrastructure sub-sectors in Indonesia; and the main infrastructure financing options in Indonesia.
- Strong relationship management skills, particularly in dealing with senior government officials.
- Ability to operate effectively and sensitively in a cross-cultural environment.
- High level communication skills and ability in written and spoken English. Proficiency in Bahasa Indonesia is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software, particularly Excel.
Duration: 20 days over August-November 2018, with the majority of inputs occurring over September-October.
The remuneration will be set according to DFAT’s Adviser Remuneration Framework, Discipline Group D, Job Level 3. The remuneration level at which the Infrastructure Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant skills and experience.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the ‘apply’ button below and attach an application letter, response to the selection criteria and a current CV. All applications are required to submit a response to the selection criteria (maximum 3 pages). Please ensure that your application includes:
- A cover letter.
- A response to the selection criteria listed in the Terms of Reference.
- A current CV.
Please note that incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Queries relating to this assignment should be directed to Jeane Panannangan at recruitment[@]prospera.or.id. It is essential that you quote ‘Prospera Infrastructure Adviser – query’ in the subject line or you may not receive a response.
5.00pm, Monday, 13 August 2018, Jakarta time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.