Cardno is an ASX listed professional infrastructure and environmental services company, with expertise in the development and improvement of physical and social infrastructure for communities around the world.
Cardno manages Prospera. The program is a new partnership facility between the Government of Australia (through the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade) and the Government of Indonesia. It aims to foster strong, sustainable and inclusive economic growth in Indonesia. Commencing from 1 March 2018, Prospera is a planned five-year investment that draws together the former Government Partnership Fund (GPF) and Australia Indonesia Partnership for Economic Governance (AIPEG). Prospera will be responsive to the needs of a wide range of agencies in the Indonesian government, covering six engagement areas:
(i) Markets – improving product and factor market efficiency;
(ii) Finance – delivering financial stability and development;
(iii) Spending – improving the quality, delivery efficiency, and access to public services;
(iv) Revenue – mobilising revenues without unduly impeding private activity;
(v) Public Sector Reform – strengthening economic institutions; and
(vi) Economics & Inclusion – providing analysis to boost the evidence for economic policy.
In this role you will:
- Provide evidence-based policy research and political-economy analysis on public service issues impeding institutional change in Prospera’s counterpart economic agencies. This may include organisation change management, structural arrangements, internal governance, stakeholder relationships, leadership and management capabilities.
- Seek partnership opportunities for greater collaboration between Prospera advisory services and Australian Public Service agencies in the design, implementation and evaluation of organisational development policies, systems and programs. This may include business process management and human resources initiatives.
- Use capacity building programs/strategies to support and enable Prospera’s Indonesian government counterparts to develop their institutional and change management plans.
- Support the preparation of Prospera work plans and reports.
The Terms of Reference detailing responsibilities and selection criteria can be found here: Terms of Reference.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Master’s degree in public administration (or related organisational development qualifications) or a Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ relevant practice-based experience on organisational development / civil service issues. Public service experience is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research, political-economy analysis and organisational diagnostics on civil service policies and practices.
- Proven track record in the design, delivery and evaluation of organisation development capacity building initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of internal governance and decision-making arrangements in the Indonesian government and translating these into operational decisions.
- Strong ability to provide professional support to senior Indonesian government officials, and Australian government officials and to engage with other development partners.
- Excellent communication skills, including networking and relationship skills and written communication in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
Duration: Full-time position, initially for 12 months.
Remuneration will be set according to Prospera’s National Remuneration Framework and will fall within Discipline Group C, Job Level 2 or 3. The level at which the Adviser is engaged will be based on the successful candidate’s relevant experience.
The position is open to Indonesian nationals only.
How to apply
To apply for this position please click the ‘apply’ button below and attach an application letter, response to the selection criteria and a current CV. All applications are required to submit a response to the selection criteria (maximum 3 pages). Please ensure that your application includes:
- A cover letter.
- A response to the selection criteria listed in the Terms of Reference.
- A current CV.
Please note that incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
Queries relating to this assignment should be directed to Jeane Panannangan at recruitment[@]prospera.or.id. It is essential that you quote ‘Prospera Adviser (Public Sector) – query’ in the subject line or you may not receive a response.
5.00 pm on Friday, 24 August 2018, Jakarta time. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Availability for an immediate start is desirable.
Cardno is committed to child protection and safeguarding the welfare of children in the delivery of our international development programs. Recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include relevant criminal record checks.
Cardno is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Organization
Cardno has a 40-year history of working in partnership with developing countries to deliver solutions for sustainable development. Through the expertise of professionals operating in more than 100 countries, we investigate the causes of poverty and focus on improving the physical, economic and social infrastructure that sustains communities.