Position: Advisor, Civil – Case Management System (CMS)
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Required Clearance (to be obtained): Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for an Advisor, Civil – Case Management System (CMS) position on the INL-funded 5-year Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP II) in Afghanistan.
This program is designed to utilize international and Afghan advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice organizations through three main components: organizational capacity building, legislative reform and case management system.
The Advisor shall liaise with Afghan government officials and provide support to the USG (in Kabul and Washington) as well as other actors on the Afghanistan-based JSSP team. The Advisor shall assist in project development, monitoring and evaluation, and production of Deliverables under this SOW.
The Advisor shall actively participate in recruitment and selection of JSSP personnel based on position description qualifications (or equivalent with the permission of the INL/AP and INL/K Program Managers) through provision of significant input to the DC based program management team
Duties: The Civil CMS Advisor shall:
- Advise on implementing and expanding the use of the Civil CMS database for civil and commercial cases;
- Liaise with the Ministry of Justice and Supreme Court to ensure appropriate cooperation and coordination is achieved;
- Provide advice on international best practices for the continued implementation and development of the Civil CMS database platform;
- Work with SI/CMS Section leadership and GIROA Civil CMS Monitoring Board on developing and implementing the CMS Transition Plan;
- Edit and proofread the Weekly Activity Reports;
- Participate in weekly section leader meetings, reporting on SI/CMS activities, achievements and challenges;
- Prepare, proofreading and signing purchase requests;
- Assist in developing budgets and work plans;
- Participate in meetings such as CMS Monitoring Board meetings and weekly INL (embassy) meetings;
- Mentor local national staff within SI/CMS section.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience.
- A minimum of four years substantive experience in a field relevant to their position (ex: law reform, training, organizational change management, finance/budgeting, etc.).
- A minimum of two years international experience, including development programs.
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Afghan governmental structure and processes.
- A juris doctor or relevant master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan, including possibly living in tents, double bunks, dry hooches, etc.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, he or she must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to ApplyJSSP@tetratech.com referencing the job title and project name in the subject line as soon as possible. No phone calls, please.
About the Organization
Tetra Tech is a global, leading consulting firm providing practical and sustainable international development services. From promoting peace, stability, rule of law, and economic growth, to health and education, to improved natural resource management, Tetra Tech brings an integrated approach that is focused on building the capacity of communities and individuals to create strong, healthy, and resilient societies. With over 16,000 employees in over 400 offices across the globe, Tetra Tech’s capabilities encompass the full life cycle of solutions. Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations, both in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workforce. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial, and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.