Position: Advisor, Criminal – Case Management System (CMS)
Nationality: American National (AN) or Third Country National (TCN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Required Clearance (to be obtained): Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT)
Tetra Tech seeks candidates to be considered for the Advisor, Criminal – Case Management System (CMS) position for the INL funded 5-year Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP II) in Afghanistan.
This program is designed to utilize international and Afghan advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice organizations through three main components: organizational capacity building, legislative reform and case management system.
The Advisor shall liaise with Afghan government officials and provide support to the USG (in Kabul and Washington) as well as other actors on the Afghanistan-based JSSP team. The Advisor shall assist in project development, monitoring and evaluation, and production of Deliverables under this SOW.
The Advisor shall actively participate in recruitment and selection of JSSP personnel based on position description qualifications (or equivalent with the permission of the INL/AP and INL/K Program Managers) through provision of significant input to the DC based program management team.
The Criminal CMS Advisor shall:
- Supervise team on planning, managing, coordinating and implementing the Case Management System within the justice institution in the provinces
- Conduct CMS Commission meetings in the regions
- Monitor and Evaluate CMS DTLs, NLAs, and project operations in assigned areas
- Review CMS lesson plans
- Mentor on CMS training
- Conduct managerial supervision to make sure the CMS project in Kabul is running properly
- Meet with MB members and based on need with other department officials to facilitate and coordinate project
- Review reports of embeds
- Prepare different reports on project implementation and CMS usage
- Coordinate the project between JSSP and departments
- Develop action plans for better CMS implementation
- Motivate Kabul Team members to encourage the GIROA officials utilize CMS reports
- Evaluate the DTL, SLA, NLA, and Backfill advisers
- Compile, Edit and proofreading the Weekly Activity Report of Team
- Participate in Weekly Section Lead meetings and report on activities, achievements, and challenges
- Managing leave requests of team member
- Assist in reclassification of staff based on qualification
- Assisting in hiring/filling vacancies
- Participate in meetings
- Work to solve problems of team member
- Prepare the agenda and run the SI staff meeting
- Other assignments requires from SI SL, DSL or other SI management member
- A minimum of five years of professional experience, including relevant leadership experience.
- A minimum of four years substantive experience in a field relevant to their position (ex: law reform, training, organizational change management, finance/budgeting, etc.).
- A minimum of two years international experience, including development programs.
- The candidate should demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the Afghan governmental structure and processes.
- A juris doctor or relevant master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking and writing.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to endure austere living conditions and the inherent danger of living and working in Afghanistan, including possibly living in tents, double bunks, dry hooches, etc.
- The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful environment. In addition, he or she must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.
- The Advsior must be able to cite past professional or personal experience that demonstrates an ability to work creatively and effectively in stressful situations while maintaining a positive attitude.
- The Advisor must have experience developing positive, professional relationships with clients, colleagues, or business partners. Interpersonal skills are tremendously important as Advisor will be the primary interlocutors with Afghan government officials, and must set a positive, motivating and constructive tone for mentees/advisees. Superior interpersonal skills shall be understood to include the ability to interact in a constructive, cooperative, and harmonious manner; to work effectively as a team player; to establish positive relationships and gain the confidence of others. The Contractor shall request information from references regarding the prospective applicant’s interpersonal and leadership skills in the course of his/her previous jobs and shall evaluate the candidate’s interpersonal skills during the interview process.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the position and project name in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations - in the U.S and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.