General Statement of Purpose of Contract
The objective of this position is to provide leadership and representation for USAID in ROC focused on CARPE. Successful completion of this objective will require working with a wide array of US Government partners, local government ministries, other donor partners, regional economic bodies, international organizations, non‐governmental organizations (NGOs), and implementing partners.
The CARPE Advisor, working with the CARPE team in Kinshasa will provide management , coordination, and representational expertise for USAID in ROC, with a key focus on achieving results under USAID’s CARPE portfolio. Further, the CARPE Advisor is the senior USAID representative at post. The responsibilities of this position include:
1) Implementation of CARPE activities in ROC;
2) Leading or participating in development dialogue at all levels with country stakeholders;
3) Coordination with the U.S. Embassy and the Government of ROC on policy and administrative reform efforts impacting USAID programs;
4) Working in close coordination with the USAID/Central Africa Regional Operating Unit (CAROU)/CARPE to identify and address technical programmatic, or other support needs for the country team and relevant programs;
5) Supervision of designated USAID‐funded staff;
6) Serving as the primary USAID liaison for donor coordination.
The CARPE Advisor reports to the Director of CARPE or his/her delegate. The CARPE Advisor, on behalf of CAROU/CARPE, has the responsibility to ensure that all administrative and accountability requirements related to USAID operations are conducted in compliance with Agency Regulations, policies, and procedures. The Advisor will consult with Financial Management, Contracting, Executive Office and Legal Officers of USAID as needed to ensure compliance.
Statement of Duties to be Performed
1. Coordination, management and technical input for CARPE activities in ROC (45% LOE)
2. Coordination of USAID Initiatives and Partners (25% LOE)
3. Technical Advice on Biodiversity and Forest Conservation, Sustainable Lanscapes (Policy and Practice) Implementation (20% LOE) 4. USAID Donor representation and coordination (10% LOE)
The Senior CARPE Advisor will be supervised by and report to the Director of CARPE or his/her designee.
The Senior CARPE Advisor will supervise the two CARPE CCN staff in ROC. If a third country national (TCN) is selected for award, during the period of this contract, the TCN personal services contractor must provide at least 10 hours/week of training to a cooperating country national (CCN) designated by USAID. The PSC Supervisor will establish a training plan with benchmarks to measure the TCNPSC’s progress toward achieving this training deliverable.”
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
Determine basic eligibility for the position. Applicants who do not meet the comprehensive range of broad experience and formal education requirements are considered NOT qualified for the position. are required
1. Required Education: A postgraduate degree in environmental science with specialty in international conservation, conservation biology, forest management, sustainable ecological systems or equivalent is required.
2. Required Experience: A minimum of 15 years of progressive levels of authority and responsibility managing programs, resources and personnel in overseas, in developing country settings. At least five of these years must be work experience in Francophone Africa.
3. Language Proficiency:
- At least a Foreign Service Institute or equivalent French language rating of 3 speaking and 3 reading.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
CLOSING DATE AND TIME: October 20, 2020; 5:00 PM, DRC Time