Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the global relief and development agency of the Catholic Bishops of the United States. The agency employs 7,000 employees in 100 countries around the world, serving over 125 million people in emergency response, agriculture, education, food security, HIV and AIDS, microfinance, peace building and water/sanitation programs. Founded during World War II, today its programming value approaches $900 million per year. CRS is recognized as one of the leading not-for-profit agencies in the world. Catholic Relief Services considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, national origin, religious beliefs, gender, age, marital status or physical or mental disability.
The Advisor is part of a newly forming Fraud Prevention and Response Team whose goal is to manage fraud and corruption through a proportionate, risk based, integrated enterprise strategy and framework. The Advisor will play an important role in helping CRS move to proactive fraud prevention while maintaining strong capacity to efficiently manage allegations as they arise.
The Fraud Prevention Advisor is responsible for working on Overseas Operations key risk areas of Global Fraud Allegation Management, Annual Risk/Loss Reporting and other.
* Lead Global Fraud Allegation Management (FAM) portfolio by driving compliance assistance to the Country Programs (CP) and Regional Offices (RO).
* Perform FAM historical analysis, interpret results, and provide recommendations to leadership.
* Organize reporting to Overseas Operations Leadership (OOL) team and Audit Committee of the Board.
* Manage Overseas Annual Risk Reporting and Analysis and facilitate review by department directors. Follow-up on any identified issues, questions and/or concerns. Ensure timely closure of outstanding issues.
* Where requested/assigned, represent Overseas Operations in global working groups for risk and compliance matters
* Perform other duties as designated by the Director.
Internal: Field-based risk, compliance and audit staff; OverOps staff at all levels, OGC personnel, Overseas Finance, Internal Audit.
External: INGO communities of practice
Education: Bachelor or Master’s degree in relevant field of study (depending on prior experience and other competencies)
Experience: 3-5 years of prior work experience as an employee, consultant or intern (cumulatively)
* Ability to think analytically and act methodically
* Strong writing skills, ability to write clearly and succinctly (including commenting and editing writing of not native English speakers)
* Effective communication skills (Email and Skype) in a remote environment and ability to get things done in a matrix environment
* A keen sense of customer care and service
* Strong interest in insuring optimal stewardship of scarce aid resources intended for the poor and vulnerable.
* Mastered ability in receiving and providing feedback
* Ability to improve continuously
* Strong planning/organizational and analytical skills
* Sense of humor
* Computer literacy in MS Office, Excel, and SharePoint
* Working knowledge of either French, Spanish, and Arabic is preferred
* Familiarity with USAID Standard Provisions for U.S. Non-governmental Organizations, USAID Standard Provisions for Non-U.S. Non-governmental Organizations, OMB Circular A-133, 2 CFR 200, and 2 CFR 700, is preferred
* Working and academic knowledge related to fraud in NGOs
***Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
NOTE: All interested applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of application.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
EOE/M/F/D/V - CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.