As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The Global Energy Transformation Programme (GET.pro) is a European multi-donor platform that delivers on international energy and climate goals. In order to do so, GET.pro inter alia assists partner countries to shape their energy transition via its instrument GET.transform, and promotes strategic political dialogue between Africa and Europe by hosting the secretariat of the Africa EU Energy Partnership (AEEP).
GET.pro is funded by the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the European Commission and several EU Member States. The international team is based in Bonn, Eschborn, Brussels and Addis Ababa.
The advisor will be in charge of communication and knowledge management for the GET.pro platform in general and its instruments GET.transform and the AEEP in particular.
- developing, updating and implementing the communication strategies of GET.pro, GET.transform and the AEEP, including communication of results and impacts
- developing communication tools and media/digital products (e.g. print, online-based publications, videos, social media, website, info graphics, SharePoint applications etc.)
- supporting strategic positioning and acquisition efforts of GET.pro and its instruments as well as ensuring and expanding visibility of GET.transform and the AEEP vis-à-vis the donor community, partners and the general public
- supporting campaigning efforts of GET.transform and the AEEP
- liaising with and supporting other GET.pro communication advisors (GET.invest, Support to Covenant of Mayors Sub-Saharan Africa)
- ensuring functional knowledge management systems and implementing GIZ’s digitalization strategy
- supporting data collection and management, donor reporting as well as ensuring implementation of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- a master’s degree, preferably in media studies, journalism, communication studies or related fields
- several years of professional experience in communications and public relations, ideally in the field of international development
- experience in the development of internal and external communication strategies and products for a wide range of target groups
- experience with communication guidelines for GIZ and/or EU-funded projects is an asset
- sound coordination, communication and diplomatic skills
- ability to learn quickly, analytical mindset, editorial strengths and affinity for new media
- excellent communication and writing skills in German and English; Spanish is an asset
GIZ operates worldwide. As part of the GIZ team, you are prepared to take on international assignments and pass on your expertise.
This position can be filled full-time or part-time.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.