As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
Good Financial Governance in Africa is a pan-african project with the objective of capacitating African change actors in the area of Good Financial Governance for systemic change. The project therefore cooperates closely with African technical networks in the area of taxation (African Tax Administration Forum ATAF), budget (Collective African Budget Reform Initiative CABRI), external audit (African Organisation of Supreme Audit Institutions AFROSAI) and legislative budget oversight (African Organisation of Public Accounts Committees AFROPAC). The networks assist their respective members - African tax administrations, ministries of finance, supreme audit institutions, and public accounts committees in Parliament - through developing trainings, analytical tools, as well as peer exchange formats.
- Strategic and technical advice of the AFROSAI General Secretariat on all activities regarding the implementation of the current strategic plans, as well as support to the development of a new strategic framework
- Development and implementation of the operational plan for the component external audit, with focus on the monitoring of Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) implementation
- Support to the conduct and communictation of results of joint/cooperative audits e.g. on Illicit Financial Flows and Corruption, biodiversity
- Implementation of Supreme Audit Institutions Performance Measurement Framework (SAI PMF) in the region
- Steering of consultants and financing agreements/grants, as well as planning of use of project resources
- Technical coordination with development partners and other GIZ projects in Cameroon
- Knowledge management and monitoring of results of the project
- Support with cross-cutting tasks as required (e.g. organisation of events, contribution to reporting)
- University degree in business administration, economics, political science or law or similar
- 5 years of work experience in public external audit
- Preferably work experience in developing country context, in particular Africa
- Practical experience with organisational development and management of change processes and project management
- High analytical and conceptual skills, excellent communicatíon abilities
- French and English knowledge is a must, German desirable
The location Yaoundé in Cameroon is suitable for families with children. The climate is tropical. There are international schools (English and French). The primary health care is adequate. There are daily flights to Europe. The security situation requires increased alertness. There are special security risk mitigation measures applying to GIZ staff on-site. All staff must follow GIZ security instructions at any time. Please also read up on country-specific advice provided by the German Federal Foreign Office.
The position requires regular business travels in Africa. Further information with regard to the project: www.gfg-in-africa.org
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.