As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
UNESCO-UNEVOC is UNESCO´s International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) and the secretariat of a global network of affiliated TVET institutions.
In order to support and facilitate the implementation of UNESCO-UNEVOC’s portfolio GIZ commissioned by BMZ provides assistance to UNESCO-UNEVOC by deploying an Expert on loan (m/f/d) to this institution. The Expert (m/f/d) will provide technical support to strengthen UNEVOC’s programmes in any of the UNEVOC areas of priority, such as (1) Migration and skills development; (2) Digitalization of the workplace and skills implication; and/or (3) Private sector and stakeholder engagement.
- Assist in planning, organizing and applying expertise for implementing TVET programmes in line with the UNESCO-UNEVOC Medium-term Strategy (2018-2020), with a special focus on supporting capacity building of institutional leaders, teaching and non-teaching personnel of TVET, designing institutional support programmes and designing knowledge resources in the three core areas mentioned above
- According to the relevant area(s) of expertise, design, conceptualize and implement capacity development programmes, resulting in successfully engaging and supporting institutions in the implementation of institutional strategies, tools and localization of available resources
- Support the development of analytical papers and other resources in the area of expertise, resulting to publication and expansion of the knowledge resource base in TVET of the UNEVOC International Centre
- Establish good working collaboration with other thematic programme coordinators and provide technical input in various thematic programmes of the UNEVOC International Centre
- Engage with TVET stakeholders in the host country (i.e. private sector, employer groups, chamber of commerce and crafts) and create opportunities for collaboration and exchange of best practices in TVET in Germany; where necessary, advise the Head of Office on opportunities for joint efforts with local actors utilizing knowledge of the German TVET system and its relevant stakeholders
- Assist in developing incentives and procedures to strengthen the engagement of UNEVOC’s network members
- Provide support in the implementation of the UNEVOC Manual of Operating Procedures and engagement of network cluster(s)
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Head of Office
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in education, social sciences, economics or a related discipline
- Many years of professional experience in development of TVET-focused international capacity building and related programmes in any of the thematic areas of expertise (Migration and skills development; digitalization of the workplace and skills implication; and/or Private sector and stakeholder engagement)
- Experience in TVET project management and resource mobilization; excellent knowledge of international trends and challenges in TVET as well as knowledge of policies, strategies and tools of German development cooperation in the TVET sector
- Experience in development and production of knowledge-base resources (i.e. conceptual papers, analytical studies, publications and other materials)
- Knowledge of existing cooperation frameworks and projects in developing countries and knowledge of the German TVET system and its relevant stakeholders
- Access to a network of international TVET practitioners and experts
- Work experience with multilateral organisations is a strong asset
- Intercultural competence and experience working in an international multicultural environment
- Excellent English skills required, German would be an advantage
The willingness for regularly business trips is expected.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.