As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
The economic transition process in Vietnam is accompanied by continuous tax reforms. Strengthening domestic resource mobilization (DRM) is a core element of the overall fiscal consolidation agenda to address challenges of fiscal balances, falling trade revenue, growing base erosion from global integration and to improve the investment climate. Viet Nam’s graduation towards a lower middle-income country has further excelled the need for tax policy and tax administration reform with the objective to increase domestic revenue collection to fund its fast growing financing needs and to align with international tax practice. The objective of the “Macroeconomic Reforms/Green Growth program” in the area of tax policy and administration is to strengthen the overall tax reform, the capacity for tax analysis, and tools to combat aggressive tax avoidance and evasion.
- Act as the focal person of communication and provide technical advice to the Tax Policy Department (TPD) and the General Department of Taxation (GDT) of the Ministry of Finance (MoF)
- Manage capacity development activities within the areas of international tax standards (G20/OECD tax transparency standards and multilateral frameworks)
- Draft research papers and compile presentations and publications
- Manage tax reform in accordance with the project objectives and activities agreed with the partner and/or agreements with the superior
- Ensure coordination with development partners and multilateral organisations in the area of tax policy and administration
- Manage short term expert assignments and technical supervision of senior national experts
- Manage information and monitoring of project results
- Supporting cross-sectional tasks within the area of responsibility (e.g. knowledge management, reporting)
- Master’s degree in economics, law, administrative sciences, business, and/or political science
- Several years professional experience in advising tax administrations and/or Ministry of Finance in developing and/or transition countries
- Comprehensive knowledge of international tax standards and public finance reform processes
- Strong advisory, communication and management skills
- Management experience in an international/intercultural environment
- Ability to deal with high-ranking political decision-makers and ability to build networks and alliances
- Business fluency in English; Proficient German and/or Vietnamese language skills are an asset
A couple of international schools are located in Hanoi; however, not all of them offer tailor-made education programmes required for a one-to-one transition into European education systems. Medical care for less
severe illnesses is available; high-end medical services are available in near-by Bangkok. The security situation is relatively good. Air quality in Hanoi is volatile.
Please understand that we can accept and process in principle only applications via our E-recruiting system. Following the confirmation of your successful application, kindly check your spam / junk mail folder on a regular basis, since some provider classify emails from our recruiting system as spam.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.