As a federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development.
High levels of unemployment and a lack of education and income opportunities in the Extreme North, North and Adamawa regions, especially for young people, provide a breeding ground for extremist ideology. The Cameroonian Government has adopted an action plan, which comprises numerous measures in the economic, social and cultural sectors and aims to achieve stabilisation and peace.
The Programme to Promote Employment and Strengthen Resilience in Northern Cameroon, which is financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and the EU, is geared towards increasing the resilience of the predominantly young population to destabilising factors. The project has two specific objectives:
- Improving living conditions for young women and men via employment promotion
- Strengthening the prevention of radicalisation and promoting peaceful co-existence for vulnerable social groups
- University degree with a focus on social sciences/humanities or economics
- Several years of experience in vocational education and training and employment promotion as well as knowledge of the current debate surrounding these topics
- Many years of experience in development cooperation and in international cooperation, ideally in the West African region.
- Experience of handling databases
- Communication skills, intercultural skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Well-developed management skills and the ability to grasp new topics quickly and independently
- Business fluency in French and German are essential
The focus of this position is: Management
- Supporting the team leader in project management, primarily in the areas of public relations, reporting and quality management in accordance with the requirements of both commissioning parties (the EU and BMZ)
- Coordinating the three regional locations
- Conceptual design and governance of the (youth) employment promotion and resilience fields of activity
- Communication and consultation with the commissioning party, partners and other donors
- Supporting the team leader on specialist topics (vocational education and training, integration into the employment market, business start-ups)
- Independent coordination of project concepts and planned project activities with local decision-makers
The security situation in Garoua is stable. GIZ security protocols, strategies and arrangements must be followed.
Essential supply goods and basic medical supplies are available and there is an international school on site. Due to the tense security situation in neighbouring regions and the limited medical care and infrastructure, Garoua is only marginally suitable as a location for families.
We assume that you will be willing to undertake regular business trips and visits/stays at all project locations (Yaoundé, Maroua, Garoua und N’Gaoundéré) in areas that may have tense security situations, while adhering to the security regulations.
Please note that we basically can only receive and process applications sent via our e-recruiting system. Should you not be able to do so, please contact the person named in the job advertisement.
To enable us to assess your existing skills and qualifications as part of our internal selection procedure, please complete the questionnaire on your competencies when you apply online.
After submitting an application, please check your spam/junk folder regularly for incoming messages, as emails from our e-recruiting system are treated as spam by some providers.
GIZ would like to increase the proportion of employees with disability, both in Germany and abroad. Applications from persons with disabilities are most welcome.
About the Organization
We create prospects for people and with people. As GIZ has an international mandate, we offer a multicultural working environment. We are committed service providers and dedicated professionals, even under difficult circumstances. We take pride in enabling our employees to develop their professional and personal skills. There are plenty of reasons to join our motivated team – ranging from the diverse challenges you will face on a daily basis in one of our 130 partner countries, to the broad scope you will have for shaping your work.