Advisor Supply Chain Management, Central Africa Regional Office
Position Status : Regular
- Collaborate with operations and programming leads in CPs on implementing and strengthening Supply Chain systems, processes, and policies to meet all programming needs through anticipation and identification of issues and challenges and the most appropriate solutions to address them.
- Provide guidance on the development, strengthening and/or standardization of processes and tools for the end-to-end planning and implementation of agile supply chain systems covering logistics, procurement, warehousing, and fleet management.
- Advise on the development and implementation of CP-level annual procurement plans and their roll-up into a regional procurement plan. Identify opportunities for procurement rationalization and/or coordination across the region for leveraging resources and negotiation power.
- Guide CPs on maintaining sound market intelligence systems, conducting regular market assessments, and network strategically with key commercial organizations to identify new potential suppliers.
- Ensure CP HoOps develop and implement efficient and effective fleet and driver management systems; that include: local policies and procedures; driver orientation, training and development plans; as well as fleet telematics. Oversee annual CP vehicle needs assessments and the development of rational vehicle disposal and acquisition plans.
- Contribute to maintaining proper conditions for learning where there is the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies. Strengthen documentation systems. Analyze data, evaluate systems, capture and share lessons learned and best practices, and complete internal reports.
- Contribute to capacity strengthening initiatives for staff and partners through helping develop learning and training strategies and agendas/curriculums, conducting trainings and workshops, and mentoring and coaching, which includes cross-departmental learning.
- Represent CRS at regional level planning, coordination meetings and forums on supply chain management to collect and share best practices. Establish and maintain relationships with large donors, peer organizations, government counterparts, and other stakeholders and explore opportunities for economies of scale, such as bundled orders
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or other relevant Master’s strongly preferred. Professional certification(s) in supply chain a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years work experience, ideally with an international organization, with progressive responsibility in supply chain/logistics/procurement management within the context of international and local supply chain. Experience in relief commodity management is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of general procurement and trading policies and regulations, international import/export legislation, and customs regulations. Understanding of Generally Accepted Commodity Accountability Principles (GACAP).
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitation and training applying adult learning principles and practices.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio) and information management systems. Experience with ERP systems highly preferred.
- Excellent relationship management skills with ability to influence and get buy-in from people not under direct supervision
- Strong strategic, analytical, organizational, and systems thinking skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Strong presentation, facilitation, training, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
Travel Required: 50% travel
Language Requirements: Proficient writing and speaking in both English and French
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.