Devex is assisting an international development finance institution in its search for an Advisor, Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC) and Chief of Digital Technology for Development, to be based at its headquarters in Manila, Philippines.
As part of the department’s management team, the Advisor, SDCC and Chief of Digital Technology for Development provides strategic advice, guidance and knowledge expertise to promote digital technologies in Asia and the Pacific and serves as leading figure to shape the Bank’s digital technology strategies. To that end, the selected candidate will collaborate closely with the Bank’s Operations Departments (East Asia, South East Asia, South Asia, Central and West Asia, Pacific and Private Sector Operations) to mainstream digital technologies in the bank’s core business operations.
The incumbent will report directly to Director General, SDCC and will supervise SDCC-DT comprising International, National and Administrative Staff.
- Lead and oversee the planning, implementation, and supervision of work plan of the Digital Technology for Development Unit to ensure the Department goals are in line with the bank’s corporate objectives.
- Lead in the formulation and updating of the bank’s digital technology strategies in support of operations and support formulation and implementation of the bank’s sector and thematic operational plans to incorporate digital technology in coordination with Sector and Thematic Groups, Operations Departments and other relevant the bank’s departments/units.
- Lead the conduct of policy dialogues and digital technology readiness assessments to assist DMCs in integrating digital technology in country partnership strategies, country operations business plans, and projects/programs
- Lead in supporting operations in developing digital technology projects and/or incorporating digital technology in the design of sector and thematic projects, including support for cross-sector-thematic project designs
- Develop innovative communication approaches to increase visibility of the bank’s digital technologies in the bank’s operations including outreach activities and establishing partnerships with centers of excellence involved in digital technologies for development and innovation
- Lead the design, processing, and implementation of regional technical assistance projects supporting knowledge products and services and scaling up of digital technologies in the bank’s operations
- Support the Board and Management for relationship management, consultation and coordination with governments, development partners, civil society, and private sector groups in area of digital technology operations and policies.
- Lead the development and conduct of learning, capacity development and knowledge sharing programs for the bank’s staff and DMCs on digital technologies, including learning activities in consultation and coordination with OIST.
- Supervise the performance of staff and manage the budget and resource allocation of the Unit
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s Degree in public policy, public administration, computer engineering, or information technology.
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experience in relevant areas and administration, including international experience working on development in several countries.
- Practical work experience in one or more of the business areas covered by the Unit (digital technologies).
- Proven management and leadership qualities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
Our client offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on the Bank’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
Our client seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.